Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Dinner Sat 19Sept Pirates Day

  1. #1
    PeterL2 Guest

    Default Dinner Sat 19Sept Pirates Day

    Nothing to do with pirates, but it's a melange of South African and
    chinese.

    Wagyu beef Boerwors, with some leftover coconut rice, and some stir fried
    veges turned into a fried rice..... sorta kinda.

    i stir fried the rice with seasonings (below) and then stir fried the
    veges. The SO wanted steamed veges, I didn't. It was a compromise.


    If you can get your hands on some Indofood Nasi Goreng Oriental fried Rice
    seasoning....... grab it and try it. *Fantastic* and as close to the real
    thing as possible.

    http://www.quickspice.com/scstore/im...igoreng_lg.jpg


    http://www.quickspice.com/cgi-bin/So...ndonesianfood-
    nasigoreng-indofood.shtml?E+scstore


    http://tinyurl.com/l4d5bp

  2. #2
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: Dinner Sat 19Sept Pirates Day

    Peter wrote:

    > Nothing to do with pirates, but it's a melange of South African and
    > chinese.


    Avast, ye scurvy lout! There are three areas which currently have a very
    high incidence of piracy:

    1. Off the coast of Yemen

    2. Off the east coast of Malaysia approaching the Straits of Malacca

    3. (VERY distant third place) Off the coast of Nigeria, especially around
    Lagos.

    http://www.icc-ccs.org/index.php?opt...d=70&Itemid=58
    gives a worldwide list of piracy prone areas.

    Of course, none of those pirates actually talk like the pirate stereotype,
    but Malaysian cuisine be mighty tasty.

    Bob
    Parroty error: "Pieces of seven! Pieces of seven!"


  3. #3
    rooster Guest

    Default Re: Dinner Sat 19Sept Pirates Day

    On Sep 19, 6:10�am, "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz>
    wrote:
    > Peter wrote:
    > > Nothing to do with pirates, but it's a melange of South African and
    > > chinese.

    >
    > Avast, ye scurvy lout! There are three areas which currently have a very
    > high incidence of piracy:
    >
    > 1. Off the coast of Yemen
    >
    > 2. Off the east coast of Malaysia approaching the Straits of Malacca
    >
    > 3. (VERY distant third place) Off the coast of Nigeria, especially around
    > Lagos.
    >
    > http://www.icc-ccs.org/index.php?opt...w=article&id=7...
    > gives a worldwide list of piracy prone areas.
    >
    > Of course, none of those pirates actually talk like the pirate stereotype,
    > but Malaysian cuisine be mighty tasty.
    >
    > Bob
    > Parroty error: "Pieces of seven! Pieces of seven!"


    The Internet

  4. #4
    rooster Guest

    Default Re: Dinner Sat 19Sept Pirates Day

    On Sep 22, 11:42�am, rooster <shiftright...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Sep 19, 6:10 am, "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz>
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > Peter wrote:
    > > > Nothing to do with pirates, but it's a melange of South African and
    > > > chinese.

    >
    > > Avast, ye scurvy lout! There are three areas which currently have a very
    > > high incidence of piracy:

    >
    > > 1. Off the coast of Yemen

    >
    > > 2. Off the east coast of Malaysia approaching the Straits of Malacca

    >
    > > 3. (VERY distant third place) Off the coast of Nigeria, especially around
    > > Lagos.

    >
    > >http://www.icc-ccs.org/index.php?opt...w=article&id=7...
    > > gives a worldwide list of piracy prone areas.

    >
    > > Of course, none of those pirates actually talk like the pirate stereotype,
    > > but Malaysian cuisine be mighty tasty.

    >
    > > Bob
    > > Parroty error: "Pieces of seven! Pieces of seven!"

    >
    > The Internet- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    Not very original

  5. #5
    Dan Abel Guest

    Default Re: Dinner Sat 19Sept Pirates Day

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    rooster <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sep 22, 11:42?am, rooster <shiftright...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > On Sep 19, 6:10 am, "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz>
    > > wrote:
    > >


    > >
    > > > Peter wrote:


    > Not very original


    Having a bunch of people responding to every joke with "not very
    original" or similar words, isn't very original either. Just because
    you've already heard a joke before, doesn't mean that you have to tell
    us all.

    --
    Dan Abel
    Petaluma, California USA
    [email protected]

  6. #6
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: Dinner Sat 19Sept Pirates Day

    Dan replied to "rooster":

    >> Not very original

    >
    > Having a bunch of people responding to every joke with "not very original"
    > or similar words, isn't very original either. Just because you've already
    > heard a joke before, doesn't mean that you have to tell us all.


    What I thought was funny was that it took "rooster" SIX DAYS to respond. Not
    very *quick*!

    Bob


  7. #7
    projectile vomit chick Guest

    Default Re: Dinner Sat 19Sept Pirates Day

    On Sep 19, 4:47*am, PeterL2 <Pete...@home.in.brissie> wrote:
    > Nothing to do with pirates, but it's a melange of South African and


    *snip!

    Aside from drunken college students, I can't imagine anyone actually
    knowing there is a Pirates Day, much less mentioning it.

    Get real.

  8. #8
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: Dinner Sat 19Sept Pirates Day

    On Sep 25, 9:19*pm, projectile vomit chick
    <projectilevomitch...@netzero.com> wrote:
    > On Sep 19, 4:47*am, PeterL2 <Pete...@home.in.brissie> wrote:
    >
    > > Nothing to do with pirates, but it's a melange of South African and

    >
    > *snip!
    >
    > Aside from drunken college students, I can't imagine anyone actually
    > knowing there is a Pirates Day, much less mentioning it.
    >
    > Get real.


    Every sailor I know...and it's quite a few, all know of Pirates day.

  9. #9
    Kathleen Guest

    Default Re: Dinner Sat 19Sept Pirates Day

    Chemo the Clown wrote:
    > On Sep 25, 9:19 pm, projectile vomit chick
    > <projectilevomitch...@netzero.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sep 19, 4:47 am, PeterL2 <Pete...@home.in.brissie> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Nothing to do with pirates, but it's a melange of South African and

    >>
    >>*snip!
    >>
    >>Aside from drunken college students, I can't imagine anyone actually
    >>knowing there is a Pirates Day, much less mentioning it.
    >>
    >>Get real.

    >
    >
    > Every sailor I know...and it's quite a few, all know of Pirates day.


    And Ren Faire geeks. And pirate geeks, of course. And middle school
    and high school students and teachers. There were lots of eye patches
    in evidence, mainly on boys. The girls don't like them because they
    mess up their mascara. There were some puffy shirts, though, and
    striped tights with boots. Admin made them leave the Jack Sparrow hats
    in their lockers. No headgear allowed except on pre-authorized hat days.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32