Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: dinner last night

  1. #1
    Kate Connally Guest

    Default dinner last night

    I was a Walmart last week and happened upon some
    sausages that sounded good so I bought them. Raspberry
    chipotle chicken sausage with Monterrey Jack cheese. I
    can't remember the brand - Bistro something - fancy-schmancy.

    I had some for dinner last night. I "grilled" them in the
    broiler. Put them on hot dog buns and topped with coleslaw.

    For the slaw I bought the slaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
    and chopped it up further in the food processor (minced is easier
    to eat as a hotdog topping). Added the appropriate amount of
    Marzetti's Southern-style slaw dressing.

    The "dogs" were awesome. Absolutely delicious. I had some
    potato salad on the side. Yum.

    For dessert I had blueberry pie that I made earlier in the
    day with some blueberries I had in the freezer.

    Delish.

    Kate
    --
    Kate Connally
    If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.
    Goldfish: The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.
    What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    mailto:[email protected]

  2. #2
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: dinner last night

    Kitchen Kate,

    Welcome home!

    We worried about you!

    Best,

    Andy


  3. #3
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: dinner last night

    P.S. I misbehaved like heck while you were gone!

    Andy

  4. #4
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: dinner last night

    In article <h98g9j$6hk$[email protected]>,
    Kate Connally <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I was a Walmart last week and happened upon some
    > sausages that sounded good so I bought them. Raspberry
    > chipotle chicken sausage with Monterrey Jack cheese. I
    > can't remember the brand - Bistro something - fancy-schmancy.
    >
    > I had some for dinner last night. I "grilled" them in the
    > broiler. Put them on hot dog buns and topped with coleslaw.
    >
    > For the slaw I bought the slaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
    > and chopped it up further in the food processor (minced is easier
    > to eat as a hotdog topping). Added the appropriate amount of
    > Marzetti's Southern-style slaw dressing.
    >
    > The "dogs" were awesome. Absolutely delicious. I had some
    > potato salad on the side. Yum.
    >
    > For dessert I had blueberry pie that I made earlier in the
    > day with some blueberries I had in the freezer.
    >
    > Delish.
    >
    > Kate


    Sounds eclectically delicious indeed. :-)
    --
    Peace! Om

    "Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down."
    --Steve Rothstein

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  5. #5
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: dinner last night

    On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:39:56 -0500, Andy wrote:

    > Kitchen Kate,
    >
    > Welcome home!


    She hasn't even left yet. Duh.

    -sw

  6. #6
    Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig Guest

    Default Re: dinner last night

    On Sep 21, 1:22*pm, Kate Connally <conna...@pitt.edu> wrote:
    > I was a Walmart last week and happened upon some
    > sausages that sounded good so I bought them. *Raspberry
    > chipotle chicken sausage with Monterrey Jack cheese. *I
    > can't remember the brand - Bistro something - fancy-schmancy.
    >
    > I had some for dinner last night. *I "grilled" them in the
    > broiler. *Put them on hot dog buns and topped with coleslaw.
    >
    > For the slaw I bought the slaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
    > and chopped it up further in the food processor (minced is easier
    > to eat as a hotdog topping). *Added the appropriate amount of
    > Marzetti's Southern-style slaw dressing.
    >
    > The "dogs" were awesome. *Absolutely delicious. *I had some
    > potato salad on the side. *Yum.
    >
    > For dessert I had blueberry pie that I made earlier in the
    > day with some blueberries I had in the freezer.
    >
    > Delish.
    >
    > Kate
    > --
    > Kate Connally
    > If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.
    > Goldfish: The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    > Until you bite their heads off.
    > What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    > mailto:conna...@pitt.edu


    What's the difference between Marzetti's Slaw Dressing and Marzetti's
    Southern Slaw Dressing? My MIL uses regular Marzetti's and I do too
    when I can find it here (usually at KMart or the dollar store).
    Lynn in Fargo
    think I may have found a new breakfast place

  7. #7
    Kate Connally Guest

    Default Re: dinner last night

    Andy wrote:
    > Kitchen Kate,
    >
    > Welcome home!
    >
    > We worried about you!
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Andy
    >


    I'm honored that you care, but I haven't been anywhere.
    Just not posting much as I've been busy at work.

    Did you think I had already gone to Montana?

    I don't leave until this Sat. the 26th. I'll be back
    on the 18th of Oct. but not back at work until the 21st.

    Kate

    --
    Kate Connally
    If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.
    Goldfish: The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.
    What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    mailto:[email protected]

  8. #8
    Kate Connally Guest

    Default Re: dinner last night

    Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig wrote:
    > On Sep 21, 1:22 pm, Kate Connally <conna...@pitt.edu> wrote:
    >> I was a Walmart last week and happened upon some
    >> sausages that sounded good so I bought them. Raspberry
    >> chipotle chicken sausage with Monterrey Jack cheese. I
    >> can't remember the brand - Bistro something - fancy-schmancy.
    >>
    >> I had some for dinner last night. I "grilled" them in the
    >> broiler. Put them on hot dog buns and topped with coleslaw.
    >>
    >> For the slaw I bought the slaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
    >> and chopped it up further in the food processor (minced is easier
    >> to eat as a hotdog topping). Added the appropriate amount of
    >> Marzetti's Southern-style slaw dressing.
    >>
    >> The "dogs" were awesome. Absolutely delicious. I had some
    >> potato salad on the side. Yum.
    >>
    >> For dessert I had blueberry pie that I made earlier in the
    >> day with some blueberries I had in the freezer.
    >>
    >> Delish.
    >>
    >> Kate
    >> --
    >> Kate Connally
    >> If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.
    >> Goldfish: The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    >> Until you bite their heads off.
    >> What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    >> mailto:conna...@pitt.edu

    >
    > What's the difference between Marzetti's Slaw Dressing and Marzetti's
    > Southern Slaw Dressing?


    I can't say exactly without reading the label, but it
    is definitely different. It's sweeter, I think.

    Okay, here's the ingredients from their web site.

    Marzetti's Original Slaw Dressing - SOYBEAN OIL, SUGAR, CORN - CIDER
    VINEGAR, WATER,

    EGG YOLK, SALT, MUSTARD SEED, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL ROSEMARY EXTRACT.

    Marzetti's Southern Recipe Slaw Dressing - SUGAR, SOYBEAN OIL, WATER,
    CORN -CIDER VINEGAR, EGG YOLK,

    SALT, DISTILLED VINEGAR, MALT VINEGAR, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, HONEY,

    MUSTARD SEED, CELERY SEED, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL ROSEMARY EXTRACT,

    NATURAL FLAVOR.

    The bid difference seems to be more sugar, and honey and malt
    vinegar.

    > My MIL uses regular Marzetti's and I do too
    > when I can find it here (usually at KMart or the dollar store).
    > Lynn in Fargo
    > think I may have found a new breakfast place


    Okay, give.

    Kate

    --
    Kate Connally
    If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.
    Goldfish: The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.
    What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    mailto:[email protected]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32