Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

  1. #1
    Anna Guest

    Default Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    The following URL ...
    http://mashia-freshcook.blogspot.com...-dressing.html
    mentions a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing that
    Costco locations in other countries stock/carry.
    Any chance of Costco locations in SF Bay Area carrying this item?



  2. #2
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    On Jul 13, 11:02*am, "Anna" <anna@no_thanks.com> wrote:
    > The following URL ...http://mashia-freshcook.blogspot.com...-in-kewpie-dre...
    > mentions a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing that
    > Costco locations in other countries stock/carry.
    > Any chance of Costco locations in SF Bay Area carrying this item?


    There's always a chance.

  3. #3
    Mark Thorson Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    Anna wrote:
    >
    > The following URL ...
    > http://mashia-freshcook.blogspot.com...-dressing.html
    > mentions a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing that
    > Costco locations in other countries stock/carry.
    > Any chance of Costco locations in SF Bay Area carrying this item?


    I believe I've seen that product at Asian food stores
    in the south bay area. Of course, it was in a small
    container that would be more expensive than buying
    a gallon of it at Costco.

  4. #4
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:02:41 -0700, Anna wrote:

    > The following URL ...
    > http://mashia-freshcook.blogspot.com...-dressing.html
    > mentions a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing that
    > Costco locations in other countries stock/carry.
    > Any chance of Costco locations in SF Bay Area carrying this item?


    All Asian markets will have it. It comes in a bottle that feels
    like a breast implant (very thin, mushy plastic). Red cap, clear
    bottle, often with a saran or netted wrapping.

    -sw

  5. #5
    Aahz Maruch Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    In article <qpi79xxk765p$.[email protected]>,
    Sqwertz <[email protected]> wrote:
    >On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:02:41 -0700, Anna wrote:
    >>
    >> The following URL ...
    >> http://mashia-freshcook.blogspot.com...-dressing.html
    >> mentions a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing that
    >> Costco locations in other countries stock/carry.
    >> Any chance of Costco locations in SF Bay Area carrying this item?

    >
    >All Asian markets will have it. It comes in a bottle that feels
    >like a breast implant (very thin, mushy plastic). Red cap, clear
    >bottle, often with a saran or netted wrapping.


    Two questions:

    * How do you know what a breast implant feels like?

    * What makes you think that a significant number of your readers knows
    what it feels like?
    --
    Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6 http://rule6.info/
    <*> <*> <*>
    "Conservatives say that if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose
    their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all
    incentive because we've given them too much money." --George Carlin

  6. #6
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    On 13 Jul 2010 12:56:36 -0700, Aahz Maruch wrote:

    > In article <qpi79xxk765p$.[email protected]>,
    > Sqwertz <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:02:41 -0700, Anna wrote:
    >>>
    >>> The following URL ...
    >>> http://mashia-freshcook.blogspot.com...-dressing.html
    >>> mentions a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing that
    >>> Costco locations in other countries stock/carry.
    >>> Any chance of Costco locations in SF Bay Area carrying this item?

    >>
    >>All Asian markets will have it. It comes in a bottle that feels
    >>like a breast implant (very thin, mushy plastic). Red cap, clear
    >>bottle, often with a saran or netted wrapping.

    >
    > Two questions:
    >
    > * How do you know what a breast implant feels like?
    >
    > * What makes you think that a significant number of your readers knows
    > what it feels like?


    One statement:

    What a bunch of stupid questions.

    Only a devout homosexual couldn't even imagine what a breast
    implant would feel like.

    -sw

  7. #7
    spamtrap1888 Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    On Jul 13, 12:56*pm, a...@pobox.com (Aahz Maruch) wrote:
    > In article <qpi79xxk765p$....@sqwertz.com>,
    >
    > Sqwertz *<swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    > >On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:02:41 -0700, Anna wrote:

    >
    > >> The following URL ...
    > >>http://mashia-freshcook.blogspot.com...-in-kewpie-dre....
    > >> mentions a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing that
    > >> Costco locations in other countries stock/carry.
    > >> Any chance of Costco locations in SF Bay Area carrying this item?

    >
    > >All Asian markets will have it. *It comes in a bottle that feels
    > >like a breast implant (very thin, mushy plastic). *Red cap, clear
    > >bottle, often with a saran or netted wrapping.

    >
    > Two questions:
    >
    > * How do you know what a breast implant feels like?
    >
    > * What makes you think that a significant number of your readers knows
    > what it feels like?


    Just as a member of the Turtle Club can assume that each of his
    fellows owns -- and is willing to wager -- a donkey with a pleasing
    temperament, so can sqwertz assume that each reader of ba.f and rfc is
    a plastic surgeon.

  8. #8
    Tracy Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing



    Sqwertz wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:02:41 -0700, Anna wrote:
    >
    >> The following URL ...
    >> http://mashia-freshcook.blogspot.com...-dressing.html
    >> mentions a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing that
    >> Costco locations in other countries stock/carry.
    >> Any chance of Costco locations in SF Bay Area carrying this item?

    >
    > All Asian markets will have it. It comes in a bottle that feels
    > like a breast implant (very thin, mushy plastic). Red cap, clear
    > bottle, often with a saran or netted wrapping.
    >
    > -sw


    That's the Kewpie mayonnaise. I think she is looking for a
    particular dressing.

    http://www.amazon.com/Kewpie-Deep-Ro.../dp/B002U4OV6I

    I have never seen it in Costco on the east coast. I have never
    looked for it either though.

    Tracy

  9. #9
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    On Jul 13, 1:04*pm, spamtrap1888 <spamtrap1...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Jul 13, 12:56*pm, a...@pobox.com (Aahz Maruch) wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > In article <qpi79xxk765p$....@sqwertz.com>,

    >
    > > Sqwertz *<swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
    > > >On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:02:41 -0700, Anna wrote:

    >
    > > >> The following URL ...
    > > >>http://mashia-freshcook.blogspot.com...-in-kewpie-dre....
    > > >> mentions a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing that
    > > >> Costco locations in other countries stock/carry.
    > > >> Any chance of Costco locations in SF Bay Area carrying this item?

    >
    > > >All Asian markets will have it. *It comes in a bottle that feels
    > > >like a breast implant (very thin, mushy plastic). *Red cap, clear
    > > >bottle, often with a saran or netted wrapping.

    >
    > > Two questions:

    >
    > > * How do you know what a breast implant feels like?

    >
    > > * What makes you think that a significant number of your readers knows
    > > what it feels like?

    >
    > Just as a member of the Turtle Club can assume that each of his
    > fellows owns -- and is willing to wager -- a donkey with a pleasing
    > temperament, so can sqwertz assume that each reader of ba.f and rfc is
    > a plastic surgeon.


    Skwertsy know everything...you know that!

  10. #10
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:08:58 -0400, Tracy wrote:

    > Sqwertz wrote:
    >> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:02:41 -0700, Anna wrote:
    >>
    >>> The following URL ...
    >>> http://mashia-freshcook.blogspot.com...-dressing.html
    >>> mentions a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing that
    >>> Costco locations in other countries stock/carry.
    >>> Any chance of Costco locations in SF Bay Area carrying this item?

    >>
    >> All Asian markets will have it. It comes in a bottle that feels
    >> like a breast implant (very thin, mushy plastic). Red cap, clear
    >> bottle, often with a saran or netted wrapping.

    >
    > That's the Kewpie mayonnaise. I think she is looking for a
    > particular dressing.
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/Kewpie-Deep-Ro.../dp/B002U4OV6I


    Ahh, OK. I thought maybe their mayo may also be called dressing
    similar to how Miracle Whip is often considered mayo (and is
    called Dressing).

    > I have never seen it in Costco on the east coast. I have never
    > looked for it either though.


    Let me know if you see and it and if it feels like a breast
    implant!

    This bottle looks familiar as well, but I've never connected it
    with the Kewpie brand. I'd still bet it's available at some Asian
    markets. Trying emailing 99 Ranch 99.

    -sw

  11. #11
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:09:46 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown wrote:

    > Skwertsy know everything...you know that!


    I know you don't have Cancer, you lying sack of ****. I can have
    Om look it up if you want...

    -sw

  12. #12
    who Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    sw:
    > It comes in a bottle that feels like a breast implant
    > (very thin, mushy plastic). Red cap,


    Mushy? Check.

    Red cap? Check.


    anna:
    > a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing


    Is there a Ranch 99 near you? Or other Asian supermarket.

    You might find it there.



  13. #13
    Anna Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing


    "Tracy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:i1ih4r$7p5$[email protected]..
    >
    >
    > Sqwertz wrote:
    > > On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:02:41 -0700, Anna wrote:
    > >
    > >> The following URL ...
    > >>

    http://mashia-freshcook.blogspot.com...-dressing.html
    > >> mentions a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing that
    > >> Costco locations in other countries stock/carry.
    > >> Any chance of Costco locations in SF Bay Area carrying this item?

    > >
    > > All Asian markets will have it. It comes in a bottle that feels
    > > like a breast implant (very thin, mushy plastic). Red cap, clear
    > > bottle, often with a saran or netted wrapping.
    > >
    > > -sw

    >
    > That's the Kewpie mayonnaise. I think she is looking for a
    > particular dressing.
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/Kewpie-Deep-Ro.../dp/B002U4OV6I
    >
    > I have never seen it in Costco on the east coast. I have never
    > looked for it either though.
    >
    > Tracy



    Thanks, I'll try looking for the dressing in a Japanese market.



  14. #14
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:37:51 -0700, who wrote:

    > sw:
    >> It comes in a bottle that feels like a breast implant
    >> (very thin, mushy plastic). Red cap,

    >
    > Mushy? Check.
    >
    > Red cap? Check.


    It almost fells like a thin rubber bottle of some sort. kinda
    like a ... [drum roll] ... breast implant.

    > Is there a Ranch 99 near you? Or other Asian supermarket.


    The name of the store is "99 Ranch". Which is why it's always
    best to just call it "99 Ranch 99". Why "99"? "Because 100 would
    be too perfect".

    Are there really that many folks who haven't fondled a raw breast
    implant? We had a couple samples of them in High School. So many
    of them had top be replaced there was a surplus of them.

    -sw

  15. #15
    Arri London Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing



    Anna wrote:
    >
    > The following URL ...
    > http://mashia-freshcook.blogspot.com...-dressing.html
    > mentions a Japanese Kewpie salad dressing that
    > Costco locations in other countries stock/carry.
    > Any chance of Costco locations in SF Bay Area carrying this item?


    If not, Kewpie mayonnaise in the squeeze bottle is normally to be found
    at any shop that stocks Japanese groceries.

    Our local big box place had Chinese-style sausage (lap cheong, la chang,
    lap xeong) on the shelves. No idea how well it is selling though.

  16. #16
    Sqwertz Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:20:35 -0600, Arri London wrote:

    > Our local big box place had Chinese-style sausage (lap cheong, la chang,
    > lap xeong) on the shelves. No idea how well it is selling though.


    Other than the Americanized potstickers and egg rolls, Austin
    CostCo's don't have any Asian goods at all. Except big boxes of
    peanut oil, if you consider that Asian. I guess they also have
    5lb bags of frozen "Stir Fry Vegetables", but you won't see those
    used in any respectable Chinese restaurant.

    -sw

  17. #17
    Arri London Guest

    Default Re: Costco Item #0536022 - Japanese Kewpie Salad Dressing



    Sqwertz wrote:
    >
    > On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:20:35 -0600, Arri London wrote:
    >
    > > Our local big box place had Chinese-style sausage (lap cheong, la chang,
    > > lap xeong) on the shelves. No idea how well it is selling though.

    >
    > Other than the Americanized potstickers and egg rolls, Austin
    > CostCo's don't have any Asian goods at all. Except big boxes of
    > peanut oil, if you consider that Asian. I guess they also have
    > 5lb bags of frozen "Stir Fry Vegetables", but you won't see those
    > used in any respectable Chinese restaurant.
    >
    > -sw


    Both our big box places sell the Korean-style instant noodles, soy
    sauce, teriyaki sauce, frozen pot stickers and spring/egg rolls plus the
    peanut oil. There might be other things but haven't looked for them. The
    sausages cost more than I pay at the Asian supermarkets, so not
    interested.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32