Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

  1. #1
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    I got the hankering for a full breakfast this morning. Heck, it's almost 10
    o'clock here so call it what you want. I brewed a pot of coffee (sorry
    folks, it's not fancy coffee, just Folgers). I'm baking a pound of bacon on
    the foil-lined broiler pan. The leftovers go into the freezer. They are
    great for crumbling in potato or cheese soup or just sprinkled on baked
    potatoes. And if you like BLT's having pre-cooked bacon is a great idea.

    I'll have 2 eggs scrambled. Oh, and home fries cooked in a cast iron
    skillet. That plus a couple of slices of bacon is breakfast!

    Jill


  2. #2
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    On Jul 19, 9:01*am, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    > I got the hankering for a full breakfast this morning. *Heck, it's almost 10
    > o'clock here so call it what you want. *I brewed a pot of coffee (sorry
    > folks, it's not fancy coffee, just Folgers). *I'm baking a pound of bacon on
    > the foil-lined broiler pan. *The leftovers go into the freezer. *Theyare
    > great for crumbling in potato or cheese soup or just sprinkled on baked
    > potatoes. *And if you like BLT's having pre-cooked bacon is a great idea.
    >
    > I'll have 2 eggs scrambled. *Oh, and home fries cooked in a cast iron
    > skillet. *That plus a couple of slices of bacon is breakfast!
    >
    > Jill


    Having my usual beans/rice/smoked sausage, after coffee and a banana
    and then getting out and riding 7 miles or so! Will follow with an
    orange and a nectarine maybe. (Market In The Loop was out of mangoes
    on Saturday when I got there! I bought their last one, and already ate
    it!)

    PS: bacon sounds heavenly! :-)

    John Kuthe...

  3. #3
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    On 2011-07-19, jmcquown <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'll have 2 eggs scrambled. Oh, and home fries cooked in a cast iron
    > skillet. That plus a couple of slices of bacon is breakfast!


    No biskies!?

    You'll be drummed outta the Southern chapter of the Cabal.

    nb

  4. #4
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)


    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > On 2011-07-19, jmcquown <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I'll have 2 eggs scrambled. Oh, and home fries cooked in a cast iron
    >> skillet. That plus a couple of slices of bacon is breakfast!

    >
    > No biskies!?
    >
    > You'll be drummed outta the Southern chapter of the Cabal.
    >
    > nb



    You know darned well I can't make biscuits! (I buy the frozen ones and I'm
    smack outta those.) I can live without the bread since I have home fries
    cooking

    Jill


  5. #5
    projectile vomit chick Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    On Jul 19, 9:30*am, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    > "notbob" <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote in message
    >
    > news:[email protected]..
    >
    > > On 2011-07-19, jmcquown <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

    >
    > >> I'll have 2 eggs scrambled. *Oh, and home fries cooked in a cast iron
    > >> skillet. *That plus a couple of slices of bacon is breakfast!

    >
    > > No biskies!?

    >
    > > You'll be drummed outta the Southern chapter of the Cabal. *

    >
    > > nb

    >
    > You know darned well I can't make biscuits! *(I buy the frozen ones andI'm
    > smack outta those.) *I can live without the bread since I have home fries
    > cooking


    What kind of a dumb**** can't make biscuits? Wow, so hard!

  6. #6
    Nancy2 Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    On Jul 19, 9:14*am, notbob <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote:
    > On 2011-07-19, jmcquown <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    > > I'll have 2 eggs scrambled. *Oh, and home fries cooked in a cast iron
    > > skillet. *That plus a couple of slices of bacon is breakfast!

    >
    > No biskies!? *
    >
    > You'll be drummed outta the Southern chapter of the Cabal. *
    >
    > nb


    I don't know about the Southern Region Cabal rules, but the head-
    office Cabal can make special exceptions in some cases. Jill, you're
    excused from making biscuits (or even using pre-made ones). Just this
    once. >;-)

    N.

    (Member of the A list, the B list, and the Cabal [TINC})

  7. #7
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    On 2011-07-19, Nancy2 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I don't know about the Southern Region Cabal rules, but the head-
    > office Cabal can make special exceptions in some cases. Jill, you're
    > excused from making biscuits (or even using pre-made ones). Just this
    > once. >;-)


    Actually, I'd excuse her for seasonal reasons, alone. I avoid turning
    on the oven at all costs. No pies till Fall!

    nb

  8. #8
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    On Jul 19, 8:03*am, projectile vomit chick
    <projektilevomitch...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > On Jul 19, 9:30*am, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > "notbob" <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote in message

    >
    > >news:[email protected]..

    >
    > > > On 2011-07-19, jmcquown <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

    >
    > > >> I'll have 2 eggs scrambled. *Oh, and home fries cooked in a cast iron
    > > >> skillet. *That plus a couple of slices of bacon is breakfast!

    >
    > > > No biskies!?

    >
    > > > You'll be drummed outta the Southern chapter of the Cabal. *

    >
    > > > nb

    >
    > > You know darned well I can't make biscuits! *(I buy the frozen ones and I'm
    > > smack outta those.) *I can live without the bread since I have home fries
    > > cooking

    >
    > What kind of a dumb**** can't make biscuits? *Wow, so hard!


    Only a true dumb**** would give a reply like you did.

  9. #9
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    On Jul 19, 9:14*am, notbob <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote:
    > On 2011-07-19, jmcquown <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    > > I'll have 2 eggs scrambled. *Oh, and home fries cooked in a cast iron
    > > skillet. *That plus a couple of slices of bacon is breakfast!

    >
    > No biskies!? *
    >
    > You'll be drummed outta the Southern chapter of the Cabal. *
    >
    > nb


    No, lack of grits will do that! And real grits! Because no self
    respecting Southerner uses instant grits!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER1J2HMEVbc

    John Kuthe...

  10. #10
    Barry Lindin Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    projectile vomit chick <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > On Jul 19, 9:30*am, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    >> "notbob" <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:[email protected]..
    >>
    >> > On 2011-07-19, jmcquown <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

    >>
    >> >> I'll have 2 eggs scrambled. *Oh, and home fries cooked in a cast iro

    > n
    >> >> skillet. *That plus a couple of slices of bacon is breakfast!

    >>
    >> > No biskies!?

    >>
    >> > You'll be drummed outta the Southern chapter of the Cabal. *

    >>
    >> > nb

    >>
    >> You know darned well I can't make biscuits! *(I buy the frozen ones and

    > I'm
    >> smack outta those.) *I can live without the bread since I have home fri

    > es
    >> cooking

    >
    > What kind of a dumb**** can't make biscuits? Wow, so hard!



    Jill.

  11. #11
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    notbob wrote:

    >On 2011-07-19, Nancy2 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know about the Southern Region Cabal rules, but the head-
    >> office Cabal can make special exceptions in some cases. Jill, you're
    >> excused from making biscuits (or even using pre-made ones). Just this
    >> once. >;-)

    >
    >Actually, I'd excuse her for seasonal reasons, alone. I avoid turning
    >on the oven at all costs. No pies till Fall!


    This week in many places one could bake outdoors on a flat stone in
    the sun.

  12. #12
    Brooklyn1 Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 08:53:05 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Jul 19, 8:03*am, projectile vomit chick
    ><projektilevomitch...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >> On Jul 19, 9:30*am, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> > "notbob" <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote in message

    >>
    >> >news:[email protected]..

    >>
    >> > > On 2011-07-19, jmcquown <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

    >>
    >> > >> I'll have 2 eggs scrambled. *Oh, and home fries cooked in a cast iron
    >> > >> skillet. *That plus a couple of slices of bacon is breakfast!

    >>
    >> > > No biskies!?

    >>
    >> > > You'll be drummed outta the Southern chapter of the Cabal. *

    >>
    >> > > nb

    >>
    >> > You know darned well I can't make biscuits! *(I buy the frozen ones and I'm
    >> > smack outta those.) *I can live without the bread since I have home fries
    >> > cooking

    >>
    >> What kind of a dumb**** can't make biscuits? *Wow, so hard!

    >
    >Only a true dumb**** would give a reply like you did.


    Chemo **** is the low IQ retard for swallowing PVC's bait. LOL-LOL

  13. #13
    jmcquown Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)


    "Barry Lindin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected] 0.162...
    > projectile vomit chick <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> On Jul 19, 9:30 am, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    >>> "notbob" <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> news:[email protected]..
    >>>
    >>> > On 2011-07-19, jmcquown <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> >> I'll have 2 eggs scrambled. Oh, and home fries cooked in a cast iro

    >> n
    >>> >> skillet. That plus a couple of slices of bacon is breakfast!
    >>>
    >>> > No biskies!?
    >>>
    >>> > You'll be drummed outta the Southern chapter of the Cabal.
    >>>
    >>> > nb
    >>>
    >>> You know darned well I can't make biscuits! (I buy the frozen ones and

    >> I'm
    >>> smack outta those.) I can live without the bread since I have home fri

    >> es
    >>> cooking

    >>
    >> What kind of a dumb**** can't make biscuits? Wow, so hard!

    >

    Okay, bake some light fluffy biscuits and send them to me. I'll give them a
    taste test. If they don't pass muster, you can keep your fat ass off usenet
    from now until Doomsday.

    Jill


  14. #14
    l, not -l Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)


    On 19-Jul-2011, Nancy2 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > You'll be drummed outta the Southern chapter of the Cabal. *
    > >
    > > nb

    >
    > I don't know about the Southern Region Cabal rules, but the head-
    > office Cabal can make special exceptions in some cases.


    shush; both of you. There is no cabal.

    8-)


    --
    "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug
    dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist' "

    Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

  15. #15
    l, not -l Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)


    On 19-Jul-2011, John Kuthe <[email protected]> wrote:

    > No, lack of grits will do that! And real grits! Because no self
    > respecting Southerner uses instant grits!!
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER1J2HMEVbc
    >
    > John Kuthe...


    Apparently with only a modest amount of self-respect one can use "quick
    grits", as used in the clip. Personally, I wouldn't use instant or quick;
    guess that makes me part of the slow food movement.


    --
    "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug
    dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist' "

    Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

  16. #16
    l, not -l Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)


    On 19-Jul-2011, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

    > >>
    > >> What kind of a dumb**** can't make biscuits? *Wow, so hard!

    > >
    > >Only a true dumb**** would give a reply like you did.

    >
    > Chemo **** is the low IQ retard for swallowing PVC's bait. LOL-LOL


    And now, we'll see if Blake takes yours.


    --
    Kent Brockman, multi-award winning anchor

  17. #17
    Sky Guest

    Default Grits; was Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    On 7/19/2011 2:12 PM, l, not -l wrote:
    > On 19-Jul-2011, John Kuthe<[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> No, lack of grits will do that! And real grits! Because no self
    >> respecting Southerner uses instant grits!!
    >>
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER1J2HMEVbc

    >
    > Apparently with only a modest amount of self-respect one can use "quick
    > grits", as used in the clip. Personally, I wouldn't use instant or quick;
    > guess that makes me part of the slow food movement.


    There's a big difference between 'intant' and 'quick' grits. The former
    is definitely a no-no in my book. Unfortunately, only 'quick' grits are
    available in my neck of the woods. A local grocery store used to have
    'real' grits (Quaker brand, however), but they discontinued carrying
    that particular product a few years ago. Quick grits will do rather
    well as a substitute. My trick is to add a lot more water and cook for
    a greater length of time until the desired consistency is reached.

    Sky


    --

    Ultra Ultimate Kitchen Rule - Use the Timer!
    Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

  18. #18
    Chemo the Clown Guest

    Default Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    On Jul 19, 10:20*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 08:53:05 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > <bhansen1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > >On Jul 19, 8:03*am, projectile vomit chick
    > ><projektilevomitch...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > >> On Jul 19, 9:30*am, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

    >
    > >> > "notbob" <not...@notbob.invalid> wrote in message

    >
    > >> >news:[email protected]..

    >
    > >> > > On 2011-07-19, jmcquown <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

    >
    > >> > >> I'll have 2 eggs scrambled. *Oh, and home fries cooked in a cast iron
    > >> > >> skillet. *That plus a couple of slices of bacon is breakfast!

    >
    > >> > > No biskies!?

    >
    > >> > > You'll be drummed outta the Southern chapter of the Cabal. *

    >
    > >> > > nb

    >
    > >> > You know darned well I can't make biscuits! *(I buy the frozen ones and I'm
    > >> > smack outta those.) *I can live without the bread since I have home fries
    > >> > cooking

    >
    > >> What kind of a dumb**** can't make biscuits? *Wow, so hard!

    >
    > >Only a true dumb**** would give a reply like you did.

    >
    > Chemo **** is the low IQ retard for swallowing PVC's bait. LOL-LOL

    You've been eating PVC's bait for sometime...tastes kinda fishy does
    it?

  19. #19
    l, not -l Guest

    Default Re: Grits; was Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)


    On 19-Jul-2011, Sky <[email protected]> wrote:

    > There's a big difference between 'intant' and 'quick' grits. The former
    > is definitely a no-no in my book. Unfortunately, only 'quick' grits are
    > available in my neck of the woods. A local grocery store used to have
    > 'real' grits (Quaker brand, however), but they discontinued carrying
    > that particular product a few years ago. Quick grits will do rather
    > well as a substitute. My trick is to add a lot more water and cook for
    > a greater length of time until the desired consistency is reached.
    >
    > Sky


    RFC has convinced me that I am very lucky, living here in a suburb of St.
    Louis; there are so many things other folks can't find in their local
    supermarkets that are readily available here. The supermarket I shop most
    often has instant grits, quick grits and two brands of "slow" grits.



    --
    "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug
    dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist' "

    Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

  20. #20
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: Grits; was Re: Breakfast (for a change, and I'm not Andy!)

    On 19/07/2011 5:11 PM, l, not -l wrote:

    > RFC has convinced me that I am very lucky, living here in a suburb of St.
    > Louis; there are so many things other folks can't find in their local
    > supermarkets that are readily available here. The supermarket I shop most
    > often has instant grits, quick grits and two brands of "slow" grits.
    >


    I cannot get any grits here. If I cross the border into NY I can get
    quick cooking grits. Yech. I want the real deal.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32