Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Brazilian recipes.

  1. #1
    Receitasecia Guest

    Default Brazilian recipes.


    Neapolitan Cake With Strawberries

    Ingredients
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup margarine
    3 egg
    1 cup cornstarch
    2 cups flour
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1 cup milk
    3 egg whites
    2 tablespoons Nescau
    2 tablespoons strawberry Nesquick
    2 drops vanilla
    strawberries

    Preparation:
    Beat the egg whites and book
    Mix sugar, egg yolks and margarine
    Beat until creamy and
    Sift wheat, cornstarch and baking powder together
    Mix the cream before, alternating with the milk
    Mix well
    Stop the mixer and add the egg whites and mix gently
    Divide the dough into 3 parts
    Place Nescau the first and mix well
    In the second add the strawberry Nesquick
    In the third drops of vanilla
    Place in a greased and floured, one layer at a time
    Bake for about 45 minutes each
    Top with strawberries and chocolate on top.




    --
    Receitasecia

  2. #2
    Becca Guest

    Default Re: Brazilian recipes.

    Receitasecia wrote:
    > Neapolitan Cake With Strawberries
    >
    > Ingredients
    > 2 cups sugar
    > 1 cup margarine
    > 3 egg
    > 1 cup cornstarch
    > 2 cups flour
    > 1 tablespoon baking powder
    > 1 cup milk
    > 3 egg whites
    > 2 tablespoons Nescau
    > 2 tablespoons strawberry Nesquick
    > 2 drops vanilla
    > strawberries
    >
    > Preparation:
    > Beat the egg whites and book
    > Mix sugar, egg yolks and margarine
    > Beat until creamy and
    > Sift wheat, cornstarch and baking powder together
    > Mix the cream before, alternating with the milk
    > Mix well
    > Stop the mixer and add the egg whites and mix gently
    > Divide the dough into 3 parts
    > Place Nescau the first and mix well
    > In the second add the strawberry Nesquick
    > In the third drops of vanilla
    > Place in a greased and floured, one layer at a time
    > Bake for about 45 minutes each
    > Top with strawberries and chocolate on top.


    The ingredients call for 3 egg, and later 3 egg whites. I am assuming
    the first "3 egg" was for 3 egg yolks?


    Are all three batters baked in the same baking pan, or in different pans?


    I have not seen Nescau in stores in the United States, but we have other
    brands of chocolate powdered drink mixes. Thanks for the recipe.


    Becca

  3. #3
    Kate Connally Guest

    Default Re: Brazilian recipes.

    Becca wrote:
    > Receitasecia wrote:
    >> Neapolitan Cake With Strawberries
    >>
    >> Ingredients
    >> 2 cups sugar
    >> 1 cup margarine
    >> 3 egg
    >> 1 cup cornstarch
    >> 2 cups flour
    >> 1 tablespoon baking powder
    >> 1 cup milk
    >> 3 egg whites
    >> 2 tablespoons Nescau
    >> 2 tablespoons strawberry Nesquick
    >> 2 drops vanilla
    >> strawberries
    >>
    >> Preparation:
    >> Beat the egg whites and book
    >> Mix sugar, egg yolks and margarine
    >> Beat until creamy and
    >> Sift wheat, cornstarch and baking powder together
    >> Mix the cream before, alternating with the milk
    >> Mix well
    >> Stop the mixer and add the egg whites and mix gently
    >> Divide the dough into 3 parts
    >> Place Nescau the first and mix well
    >> In the second add the strawberry Nesquick
    >> In the third drops of vanilla
    >> Place in a greased and floured, one layer at a time
    >> Bake for about 45 minutes each
    >> Top with strawberries and chocolate on top.

    >
    > The ingredients call for 3 egg, and later 3 egg whites. I am assuming
    > the first "3 egg" was for 3 egg yolks?


    That wouldn't necessarily be the case. I've seen plenty of
    recipes that call for whole eggs and then for just whites.

    Kate

    --
    Kate Connally
    If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.
    Goldfish: The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.
    What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
    mailto:[email protected]

  4. #4
    Receitasecia Guest

    Default Re: Brazilian recipes.


    are 3 eggs, but first Beat the egg white as snow, then mix the sugar,
    egg yolks and margarine, and chocolate can be anyone.




    --
    Receitasecia

  5. #5
    Becca Guest

    Default Re: Brazilian recipes.

    Receitasecia wrote:
    > are 3 eggs, but first Beat the egg white as snow, then mix the sugar,
    > egg yolks and margarine, and chocolate can be anyone.


    Thanks for letting us know. At Christmas, I baked one of my mother's
    cake recipes that uses egg yolks in the cake and not whole eggs, that is
    why I asked. I had a feeling the recipe asked for 3 eggs, separating
    the whites from the yolks. Thanks for the recipe.


    Becca

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32