Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 73

Thread: biscuit baking in the morning

  1. #1
    notbob Guest

    Default biscuit baking in the morning

    This is gettting to be some fun. Not only to play with dough, but getting
    up early, watching the sunrise over the peaks, cuppa joe.

    This morning, I'm trying the Betty Crocker buttermilk biscuit recipe
    with the DIY buttermilk (1T Real Lemon in 1 C 1% milk).

    http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes....-herb-biscuits

    .....without the herbs.

    I'll try the Real Lemon this time and the white vinegar next time.
    Both sound unappetizing, but we'll see in the biscuits.

    Defrosted a cube steak, but haven't decided to go for chkn frd stk or
    use the beef for beef fried rice. My fried rice is perfected an to
    die for.

    Back to the biscuits. I discovered a good whisk works just as well as
    a pastry blender. You just hafta cut the big pieces of shortening up till they're
    small enough to fall back out of the whisk or they stay inside, like
    in a cage. Saves having to buy another tool. I dug out my Graham
    Kerr dough scraper. I don't know if that was his idea....

    http://www.akitchen.com/store/grahscraper.html

    .....so it would be flat on one side, but it was genius!

    Oooh ooh!.... deer feeding outside my window, again. Cool. Gotta a
    buncha pics.

    Well, my DIY buttermilkd should be fermented, so I think I'll finish
    up my dough and toss 'em in the oven. The only thing better than this
    morning, so far, would be killer biscuits with butter and sorghum. I'm
    still tracking down some sorghum. Almost as rare as Szechuan pepper,
    hereabouts.

    Be back later with update.

    nb

  2. #2
    Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    On Oct 9, 9:48*am, notbob <not...@nothome.com> wrote:
    > This is gettting to be some fun. *Not only to play with dough, but getting
    > up early, watching the sunrise over the peaks, cuppa joe. *
    >
    > This morning, I'm trying the Betty Crocker buttermilk biscuit recipe
    > with the DIY buttermilk (1T Real Lemon in 1 C 1% milk). *
    >
    > http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes....-herb-biscuits
    >
    > ....without the herbs.
    >
    > I'll try the Real Lemon this time and the white vinegar next time.
    > Both sound unappetizing, but we'll see in the biscuits.
    >
    > Defrosted a cube steak, but haven't decided to go for chkn frd stk or
    > use the beef for beef fried rice. *My fried rice is perfected an to
    > die for. *
    >
    > Back to the biscuits. *I discovered a good whisk works just as well as
    > a pastry blender. *You just hafta cut the big pieces of shortening up till they're
    > small enough to fall back out of the whisk or they stay inside, like
    > in a cage. *Saves having to buy another tool. *I dug out my Graham
    > Kerr dough scraper. *I don't know if that was his idea....
    >
    > http://www.akitchen.com/store/grahscraper.html
    >
    > ....so it would be flat on one side, but it was genius! *
    >
    > Oooh ooh!.... deer feeding outside my window, again. *Cool. *Gotta a
    > buncha pics.
    >
    > Well, my DIY buttermilkd should be fermented, so I think I'll finish
    > up my dough and toss 'em in the oven. *The only thing better than this
    > morning, so far, would be killer biscuits with butter and sorghum. *I'm
    > still tracking down some sorghum. *Almost as rare as Szechuan pepper,
    > hereabouts. *
    >
    > Be back later with update.
    >
    > nb


    Results?
    Lynn in Fargo
    Enquiring minds want to know . . .

  3. #3
    The Ranger Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    notbob <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > This is gettting to be some fun. Not only to play with dough, but getting
    > up early, watching the sunrise over the peaks, cuppa joe.
    >
    > This morning, I'm trying the Betty Crocker buttermilk biscuit recipe
    > with the DIY buttermilk (1T Real Lemon in 1 C 1% milk).
    >
    > http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes....-herb-biscuits
    >
    > ....without the herbs.

    [snip]

    Sounds good. The lemon-based buttermilk is what we use.

    The Ranger



  4. #4
    Kalmia Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    On Oct 9, 10:48*am, notbob <not...@nothome.com> wrote:
    > This is gettting to be some fun. *Not only to play with dough, but getting
    > up early, watching the sunrise over the peaks, cuppa joe. *
    >
    > This morning, I'm trying the Betty Crocker buttermilk biscuit recipe
    > with the DIY buttermilk (1T Real Lemon in 1 C 1% milk). *
    >
    > http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes....-herb-biscuits
    >
    > ....without the herbs.
    >
    > I'll try the Real Lemon this time and the white vinegar next time.
    > Both sound unappetizing, but we'll see in the biscuits.
    >
    > Defrosted a cube steak, but haven't decided to go for chkn frd stk or
    > use the beef for beef fried rice. *My fried rice is perfected an to
    > die for. *
    >
    > Back to the biscuits. *I discovered a good whisk works just as well as
    > a pastry blender. *You just hafta cut the big pieces of shortening up till they're
    > small enough to fall back out of the whisk or they stay inside, like
    > in a cage. *Saves having to buy another tool. *I dug out my Graham
    > Kerr dough scraper. *I don't know if that was his idea....
    >
    > http://www.akitchen.com/store/grahscraper.html


    I love my dough scraper. I found it can cut carrots, chop feta
    cheese, lots of stuff. Yeah, it even scrapes and moves a wad of dough
    for shaping on the counter. It's one of those why-didn't-I-buy-one-
    long-ago items.

    I still have other uses tho for the pastry blender. Like, mixing wet
    and dry. Too much gets stuck in the whisk cages.

  5. #5
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    On 2009-10-09, Kalmia <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I love my dough scraper. I found it can cut carrots, chop feta
    > cheese, lots of stuff. Yeah, it even scrapes and moves a wad of dough
    > for shaping on the counter. It's one of those why-didn't-I-buy-one-
    > long-ago items.


    Yep. One of the few indispensable kitchen tools I kept when I moved.
    And, like Graham says, his one flat side is perfect for smashing garlic.

    > I still have other uses tho for the pastry blender. Like, mixing wet
    > and dry. Too much gets stuck in the whisk cages.


    I suspect you're right. I also see it for a hard boiled egg cutter.

    nb

  6. #6
    Wayne Boatwright Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    On Fri 09 Oct 2009 07:48:04a, notbob told us...

    > This is gettting to be some fun. Not only to play with dough, but
    > getting up early, watching the sunrise over the peaks, cuppa joe.
    >
    > This morning, I'm trying the Betty Crocker buttermilk biscuit recipe
    > with the DIY buttermilk (1T Real Lemon in 1 C 1% milk).
    >
    > http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes....-herb-biscuits
    >
    > ....without the herbs.
    >
    > I'll try the Real Lemon this time and the white vinegar next time.
    > Both sound unappetizing, but we'll see in the biscuits.
    >
    > Defrosted a cube steak, but haven't decided to go for chkn frd stk or
    > use the beef for beef fried rice. My fried rice is perfected an to
    > die for.
    >
    > Back to the biscuits. I discovered a good whisk works just as well as
    > a pastry blender. You just hafta cut the big pieces of shortening up
    > till they're small enough to fall back out of the whisk or they stay
    > inside, like in a cage. Saves having to buy another tool. I dug out my
    > Graham Kerr dough scraper. I don't know if that was his idea....
    >
    > http://www.akitchen.com/store/grahscraper.html
    >
    > ....so it would be flat on one side, but it was genius!
    >
    > Oooh ooh!.... deer feeding outside my window, again. Cool. Gotta a
    > buncha pics.
    >
    > Well, my DIY buttermilkd should be fermented, so I think I'll finish
    > up my dough and toss 'em in the oven. The only thing better than this
    > morning, so far, would be killer biscuits with butter and sorghum. I'm
    > still tracking down some sorghum. Almost as rare as Szechuan pepper,
    > hereabouts.
    >
    > Be back later with update.
    >
    > nb
    >


    Sorghum is rare in most places outside of the southern US, but it sure is
    good on biscuits. You can order it here...

    <http://www.zingermans.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=P-
    SGM&crf=muumrk&gclid=CMqxybiosJ0CFQjyDAod7loQjw>

    If you have leftover biscuits, try splitting them, buttering the cut sides,
    and broil until nicely browned and slightly crispy. Good with syrup or
    jam.

    --

    ~~ If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~

    ~~ A mind is a terrible thing to lose. ~~

    ************************************************** ********

    Wayne Boatwright


  7. #7
    blake murphy Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:48:04 GMT, notbob wrote:
    >
    > Well, my DIY buttermilkd should be fermented, so I think I'll finish
    > up my dough and toss 'em in the oven. The only thing better than this
    > morning, so far, would be killer biscuits with butter and sorghum. I'm
    > still tracking down some sorghum. Almost as rare as Szechuan pepper,
    > hereabouts.
    >
    > Be back later with update.
    >
    > nb


    i know the shipping is expensive (and the price per pound expensive), but
    szechuan pepper from penzeys is very fresh and good.

    your pal,
    blake

  8. #8
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    On 2009-10-09, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Be back later with update.


    Oh! - my! - gawd!

    I can bake.

    They came out just perfect. Light, flakey, tasty, all those
    descriptive biscuit cliches. I've eaten two and feel like I'm gonna
    grab my ol' dog, Blue, and go out coon huntin' any second, now.

    I even took some pics. I guess I need to try one of those freebie
    picture sites. Which one doesn't want your first born to open a
    "free" acct?

    nb

  9. #9
    Nancy2 Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning


    > Well, my DIY buttermilkd should be fermented, so I think I'll finish
    > up my dough and toss 'em in the oven. *The only thing better than this
    > morning, so far, would be killer biscuits with butter and sorghum. *I'm
    > still tracking down some sorghum. *Almost as rare as Szechuan pepper,
    > hereabouts. *
    >
    > Be back later with update.
    >
    > nb


    We have several local sources of to-die-for sorghum, easily found in
    our supermarkets - I love it on cornbread (with butter, of course).

    N.

  10. #10
    hahabogus Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    notbob <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected] on Oct Fri 2009 09:48 am

    > This is gettting to be some fun. Not only to play with dough, but
    > getting up early, watching the sunrise over the peaks, cuppa joe.
    >
    > This morning, I'm trying the Betty Crocker buttermilk biscuit recipe
    > with the DIY buttermilk (1T Real Lemon in 1 C 1% milk).
    >
    > http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes....-herb-biscuits
    >
    > ....without the herbs.
    >
    > I'll try the Real Lemon this time and the white vinegar next time.
    > Both sound unappetizing, but we'll see in the biscuits.
    >
    > Defrosted a cube steak, but haven't decided to go for chkn frd stk or
    > use the beef for beef fried rice. My fried rice is perfected an to
    > die for.
    >
    > Back to the biscuits. I discovered a good whisk works just as well as
    > a pastry blender. You just hafta cut the big pieces of shortening up
    > till they're small enough to fall back out of the whisk or they stay
    > inside, like in a cage. Saves having to buy another tool. I dug out
    > my Graham Kerr dough scraper. I don't know if that was his idea....
    >
    > http://www.akitchen.com/store/grahscraper.html
    >
    > ....so it would be flat on one side, but it was genius!
    >
    > Oooh ooh!.... deer feeding outside my window, again. Cool. Gotta a
    > buncha pics.
    >
    > Well, my DIY buttermilkd should be fermented, so I think I'll finish
    > up my dough and toss 'em in the oven. The only thing better than this
    > morning, so far, would be killer biscuits with butter and sorghum.
    > I'm still tracking down some sorghum. Almost as rare as Szechuan
    > pepper, hereabouts.
    >
    > Be back later with update.
    >
    > nb
    >


    I just don't get it. It takes me 1 cup of coffee and at least 20 minutes staring mindlessly outa the
    window to raise the energy to consider shaving for the day. And here you guys are sprinting around
    the kitchen, probably with smiles on your faces. Guessing I'm just not a morning person.

    Breakfast at least on the weekends is made around 11 am. Workdays it occurs at coffee time and
    usually is a fried egg sandwhich that I buy. Even though I rise obscenely early (5am) just not in me
    to cook during the week. On weekends breakfasts are made after I wake from my morning nap, as
    I still rise at 5am have coffee, shave maybe and crawl back to bed to read and nap around 7ish.
    Only then can I consider the thought of jumping outa bed and start whistling (even happens now
    and then). Then breakfast is more complex than a scowl and black coffee and more like scramble
    eggs and bacon or ham and rye toast. Even then the extra work of cleaning up after baking would
    stop the idea of biscuits dead in its' tracks. Nothing that involves extensive cleaning is started at
    this house till at least after lunch.

    --
    Is that your nose, or are you eatting a banana? -Jimmy Durante



  11. #11
    Nancy2 Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    On Oct 9, 10:51*am, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwri...@arizona.usa.com>
    wrote:
    > On Fri 09 Oct 2009 07:48:04a, notbob told us...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > This is gettting to be some fun. *Not only to play with dough, but
    > > getting up early, watching the sunrise over the peaks, cuppa joe. *

    >
    > > This morning, I'm trying the Betty Crocker buttermilk biscuit recipe
    > > with the DIY buttermilk (1T Real Lemon in 1 C 1% milk). *

    >
    > >http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes....-herb-biscuits

    >
    > > ....without the herbs.

    >
    > > I'll try the Real Lemon this time and the white vinegar next time.
    > > Both sound unappetizing, but we'll see in the biscuits.

    >
    > > Defrosted a cube steak, but haven't decided to go for chkn frd stk or
    > > use the beef for beef fried rice. *My fried rice is perfected an to
    > > die for. *

    >
    > > Back to the biscuits. *I discovered a good whisk works just as well as
    > > a pastry blender. *You just hafta cut the big pieces of shortening up
    > > till they're small enough to fall back out of the whisk or they stay
    > > inside, like in a cage. *Saves having to buy another tool. *I dug out my
    > > Graham Kerr dough scraper. *I don't know if that was his idea....

    >
    > >http://www.akitchen.com/store/grahscraper.html

    >
    > > ....so it would be flat on one side, but it was genius! *

    >
    > > Oooh ooh!.... deer feeding outside my window, again. *Cool. *Gotta a
    > > buncha pics.

    >
    > > Well, my DIY buttermilkd should be fermented, so I think I'll finish
    > > up my dough and toss 'em in the oven. *The only thing better than this
    > > morning, so far, would be killer biscuits with butter and sorghum. *I'm
    > > still tracking down some sorghum. *Almost as rare as Szechuan pepper,
    > > hereabouts. *

    >
    > > Be back later with update.

    >
    > > nb

    >
    > Sorghum is rare in most places outside of the southern US, but it sure is
    > good on biscuits. *You can order it here...
    >
    > <http://www.zingermans.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=P-
    > SGM&crf=muumrk&gclid=CMqxybiosJ0CFQjyDAod7loQjw>
    >
    > If you have leftover biscuits, try splitting them, buttering the cut sides,
    > and broil until nicely browned and slightly crispy. *Good with syrup or
    > jam.
    >
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    ....or from here: http://tinyurl.com/ylmhv2z. We also have some
    locally grown/made in Kalona, famous for its quilting and Mennonite
    culture - but I don't find a website.

    My favorite is http://www.amanashops.com/product.asp?id=3k (from the
    Amana Colonies).

    N.

  12. #12
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    On 2009-10-09, hahabogus <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I just don't get it. It takes me 1 cup of coffee and at least 20
    > minutes staring mindlessly outa the window to raise the energy to
    > consider shaving for the day. And here you guys are sprinting around
    > the kitchen, probably with smiles on your faces.


    I'll reveal a little secret. Mom is currently at that stage of her
    dementia that she thinks she's poverty stricken and can't afford to
    turn on the heat at night, yet not far enough gone to require forced
    conservatorship. So, this Winter looks to be a cold one indeed. I
    can stay warm at night, a good fleece blkt and comforter, but am not
    gonna lie in bed till the sun rises and starts warming the house.
    What to do? Get up and turn on the stove and make biscuits n' coffee.
    Fun, warming, and good eats! Plus mom is still asleep and I have the
    kitchen to myself. Brilliant!

    nb

  13. #13
    Dimitri Guest

    Default Fried rice????


    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    >>

    > Defrosted a cube steak, but haven't decided to go for chkn frd stk or
    > use the beef for beef fried rice. My fried rice is perfected an to
    > die for.


    > nb


    Don't leave us hanging.....


    --
    Dimitri
    Coming soon:
    http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.


  14. #14
    Ranée at Arabian Knits Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    In article <[email protected] >,
    hahabogus <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I just don't get it. It takes me 1 cup of coffee and at least 20 minutes
    > staring mindlessly outa the
    > window to raise the energy to consider shaving for the day. And here you guys
    > are sprinting around
    > the kitchen, probably with smiles on your faces. Guessing I'm just not a
    > morning person.


    I am most definitely not a morning person. However, I have seven
    other people to feed besides myself, we have work and school that begins
    early and usually the day gets away from us if we don't start early
    enough. So, I get up and work. However, all of the children are able
    to help with the exception of the baby, so the oldest put away dishes,
    fold laundry, the younger children make beds and straighten up rooms
    while I make the breakfast. They take turns setting the table.

    Regards,
    Ranee @ Arabian Knits

    "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13

    http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

  15. #15
    Ranée at Arabian Knits Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    Ranée at Arabian Knits <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected] >,
    > hahabogus <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I just don't get it. It takes me 1 cup of coffee and at least 20 minutes
    > > staring mindlessly outa the
    > > window to raise the energy to consider shaving for the day. And here you
    > > guys
    > > are sprinting around
    > > the kitchen, probably with smiles on your faces. Guessing I'm just not a
    > > morning person.

    >
    > I am most definitely not a morning person. However, I have seven
    > other people to feed besides myself, we have work and school that begins
    > early and usually the day gets away from us if we don't start early
    > enough. So, I get up and work. However, all of the children are able
    > to help with the exception of the baby, so the oldest put away dishes,
    > fold laundry, the younger children make beds and straighten up rooms
    > while I make the breakfast. They take turns setting the table.


    Oh, also, there are things you can make up at night and either put in
    the crock pot to cook while you sleep or pop in the oven first thing in
    the morning. That way the prep work is already done. Strata, baked
    oatmeal, those farmer casserole things, rice pudding, etc. If you do
    those omelet in a baggie deals, you can make the baggies up the night
    before and set them in to boil in the pot in the morning. I know
    they're not real omelets, and if you are good at making them, you can
    make a few faster, but if you have lots of people for whom to cook, it
    does save time.

    Regards,
    Ranee @ Arabian Knits

    "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13

    http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

  16. #16
    Bob Muncie Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    notbob wrote:
    > This is gettting to be some fun. Not only to play with dough, but getting
    > up early, watching the sunrise over the peaks, cuppa joe.
    >
    > This morning, I'm trying the Betty Crocker buttermilk biscuit recipe
    > with the DIY buttermilk (1T Real Lemon in 1 C 1% milk).
    >
    > http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes....-herb-biscuits
    >
    > ....without the herbs.
    >
    > I'll try the Real Lemon this time and the white vinegar next time.
    > Both sound unappetizing, but we'll see in the biscuits.
    >
    > Defrosted a cube steak, but haven't decided to go for chkn frd stk or
    > use the beef for beef fried rice. My fried rice is perfected an to
    > die for.
    >
    > Back to the biscuits. I discovered a good whisk works just as well as
    > a pastry blender. You just hafta cut the big pieces of shortening up till they're
    > small enough to fall back out of the whisk or they stay inside, like
    > in a cage. Saves having to buy another tool. I dug out my Graham
    > Kerr dough scraper. I don't know if that was his idea....
    >
    > http://www.akitchen.com/store/grahscraper.html
    >
    > ....so it would be flat on one side, but it was genius!
    >
    > Oooh ooh!.... deer feeding outside my window, again. Cool. Gotta a
    > buncha pics.
    >
    > Well, my DIY buttermilkd should be fermented, so I think I'll finish
    > up my dough and toss 'em in the oven. The only thing better than this
    > morning, so far, would be killer biscuits with butter and sorghum. I'm
    > still tracking down some sorghum. Almost as rare as Szechuan pepper,
    > hereabouts.
    >
    > Be back later with update.
    >
    > nb


    nb -

    I'm just shocked that the best application of fresh buttermilk biscuits
    being *sausage gravy* was missed here.

    I like the lighter applications with toasting, butter, and some jam, but
    sausage gravy is my favorite.

    Bob


  17. #17
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: Fried rice????

    On 2009-10-09, Dimitri <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Don't leave us hanging.....


    Oops. Sorry.

    Fried rice is about as easy as it gets. I start by making rice the
    night before, but doing it in the morning and letting it sit in the
    fridge all day is good enough. I make true steamed rice. Take about
    1 to 1-1/4 cup of rice and wash it till water is not cloudy. Put rice
    in heat proof bowl, SS if you have it, and fill the bowl with water so
    the water level is about half a finger knuckle (1/2") above the rice.
    Put in steamer for 30 mins. Pull out, fluff rice, and chill. I chill
    in a sealed container like tupperware or the rice dries out too much,
    IMO.

    Have all these ingredients ready to go:

    pork, chicken, or beef, cut into 1/2" pieces
    1 bunch grn onions, chopped
    1-2 cups frozen mixed vegetables[1]
    2 cooked chopped eggs[2]
    rice
    soy sauce
    oyster sauce
    rice wine vinegar (opt)
    oil

    It's pretty straight forward from here:

    In a very hot wok or large skillet, add oil, and fry up the meat jes a
    tad under fully cooked, then remove and put aside.

    Add some more oil, then stir-fry vegetables and grn onions. Keeping
    everything hot and moving, add rice, and stir fry till all rice is
    coated with some oil. Add soy and oyster sauce to your taste. I use
    about 50/50. I like to toss in a couple heathy shots of vinegar.
    Keeping it hot and moving, add egg and meat. Stir to get it all hot
    and hot and you're done! Good eats.

    [1] I nuke the veggies till they are at least no longer frozen. Drain
    any water. I prefer the carrot, corn, pea, string bean mixture (NO
    LIMAS!), but use what you like. Peas are almost di rigueur, while
    corn makes the dish sweet.

    [2] I jes take two eggs and beat'em, then cook in skillet so I get a
    flat thoroughly cooked omelet. When cool, chop it up in little
    1/2" squares and set aside.

    Natch, you can do about anything. Add garlic or ginger. Use grn/red
    bell peppers for visual, regular onions, etc. I'd stay away from
    celery, but chile peppers and even raisins could be fun. Try other
    Chinese sauces, too. Hoisin is very sweet. I may try black bean,
    tonight.

    This dish is great cuz you control the meat and veggies, unlike a
    Chinese restaruant where it's mostly rice with little seasoning and
    just an obligatory smattering of meat n' veggies. When I first make
    it, it's so good I gotta force myself to back off or I'll stuff
    myself. A single pork chop, cube steak, or chicken breast is usually
    more than enough for a batch. Yum!!

    I'm off to steam some rice for tonight!

    Enjoy =D
    nb






  18. #18
    notbob Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    On 2009-10-09, Bob Muncie <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm just shocked that the best application of fresh buttermilk biscuits
    > being *sausage gravy* was missed here.


    Yeah, it was a poser. Not to worry, though, as I will make more
    biscuits tomorrow and I have more steak. Besides, I'm still working
    on the perfect chicken fried steak coating and my sawmill gravy is yet
    to be perfected, plus I need some more bacon grease fer cooking it.
    That means bacon, eggs, and hash browns tomorrow. Chicken fried steak
    is looking good fer Sun morning.

    nb

  19. #19
    Ranée at Arabian Knits Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    In article <hantp7$pue$[email protected]>,
    Bob Muncie <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm just shocked that the best application of fresh buttermilk biscuits
    > being *sausage gravy* was missed here.


    MMMMM. Sausage gravy & biscuits.


    One day last spring, I made biscuits with sausage gravy and biscuits
    with chocolate gravy for dessert. At breakfast. That was a good day.

    Regards,
    Ranee @ Arabian Knits

    "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13

    http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

  20. #20
    Bob Muncie Guest

    Default Re: biscuit baking in the morning

    Ranée at Arabian Knits wrote:
    > In article <hantp7$pue$[email protected]>,
    > Bob Muncie <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm just shocked that the best application of fresh buttermilk biscuits
    >> being *sausage gravy* was missed here.

    >
    > MMMMM. Sausage gravy & biscuits.
    >
    >
    > One day last spring, I made biscuits with sausage gravy and biscuits
    > with chocolate gravy for dessert. At breakfast. That was a good day.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ranee @ Arabian Knits
    >
    > "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13
    >
    > http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/


    I actually feel like being snarky... But I really can't go there. What a
    perfectly good use of biscuits you had that day ;-)

    Have a nice weekend,

    Bob

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32