Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

  1. #1
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities


    I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
    the results surprised me


    <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_970105.html#s365680&title=2_New_York>

    Or

    http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov

    Lou

  2. #2
    merryb Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    On Sep 20, 4:58*pm, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    > I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
    > the results surprised me
    >
    > <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
    >
    > Or
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
    >
    > Lou


    I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
    corner!

  3. #3
    Janet Wilder Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    On 9/20/2011 7:35 PM, merryb wrote:
    > On Sep 20, 4:58 pm, Lou Decruss<LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    >> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
    >> the results surprised me
    >>
    >> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
    >>
    >> Or
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
    >>
    >> Lou

    >
    > I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
    > corner!


    I'm surprised they left out Boston. There is a Dunkin Donuts on every
    corner.

    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

  4. #4
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    merryb wrote:
    > On Sep 20, 4:58 pm, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    >> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
    >> the results surprised me
    >>
    >> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
    >>
    >> Or
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
    >>
    >> Lou

    >
    > I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
    > corner!


    Me too. And there are other brands in between. It is hard to drive for 5
    blocks here without encountering at least one drive up coffee place.



  5. #5
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    Janet Wilder wrote:
    > On 9/20/2011 7:35 PM, merryb wrote:
    >> On Sep 20, 4:58 pm, Lou Decruss<LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    >>> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
    >>> the results surprised me
    >>>
    >>> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
    >>>
    >>> Or
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
    >>>
    >>> Lou

    >>
    >> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
    >> corner!

    >
    > I'm surprised they left out Boston. There is a Dunkin Donuts on every
    > corner.


    That's true too. And oh how that coffee stinks! My husband sent me in to
    get coffee once and I quickly learned what "regular" means. I would have
    assumed it meant black. No. I guess black means black. I can not drink
    coffee with sugar and milk.



  6. #6
    spamtrap1888 Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    On Sep 20, 6:36*pm, "Julie Bove" <julieb...@frontier.com> wrote:
    > Janet Wilder wrote:
    > > On 9/20/2011 7:35 PM, merryb wrote:
    > >> On Sep 20, 4:58 pm, Lou Decruss<LouDecr...@biteme.com> *wrote:
    > >>> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
    > >>> the results surprised me

    >
    > >>> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>

    >
    > >>> Or

    >
    > >>>http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov

    >
    > >>> Lou

    >
    > >> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
    > >> corner!

    >
    > > I'm surprised they left out Boston. There is a Dunkin Donuts on every
    > > corner.

    >
    > That's true too. *And oh how that coffee stinks! *My husband sent me in to
    > get coffee once and I quickly learned what "regular" means. *I would have
    > assumed it meant black. *No. *I guess black means black. *I can notdrink
    > coffee with sugar and milk.


    In Boston, regular means with cream, no sugar.

    Hanging out with my dad a thousand miles away (and many years ago), we
    would often stop to get him a takeout "Boston coffee." Same thing:
    cream, no sugar.

  7. #7
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:35:45 -0700 (PDT), merryb <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Sep 20, 4:58*pm, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    >> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
    >> the results surprised me
    >>
    >> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
    >>
    >> Or
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
    >>
    >> Lou

    >
    >I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
    >corner!


    Polls are kinda goofy but interesting to read.

    Lou

  8. #8
    Cindy Fuller Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    merryb <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sep 20, 4:58*pm, Lou Decruss <LouDecr...@biteme.com> wrote:
    > > I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
    > > the results surprised me
    > >
    > > <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
    > >
    > > Or
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
    > >
    > > Lou

    >
    > I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
    > corner!


    They aren't on every corner (yet), although Starbucks has two stands in
    the hospital where I do research. In Vancouver, there are two large
    Starbucks on either side of Robson Street. The comedian Lewis Black
    ranted on a similar situation in Houston several years ago. I can
    understand this in Houston or Dallas, since turning left or crossing at
    the crosswalk can often be hazardous to your health there.

    Cindy

    --
    C.J. Fuller

    Delete the obvious to email me

  9. #9
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    Lou wrote:

    >>> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
    >>> the results surprised me
    >>>
    >>> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
    >>>
    >>> Or
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
    >>>
    >>> Lou

    >>
    >> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
    >> corner!

    >
    > Polls are kinda goofy but interesting to read.


    I hate those slideshows which require you to keep clicking and loading a new
    batch of advertisements for every single item. I didn't read beyond the
    first page.

    Bob



  10. #10
    sf Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:50:16 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
    <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:

    > Lou wrote:
    >
    > >>> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
    > >>> the results surprised me
    > >>>
    > >>> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
    > >>>
    > >>> Or
    > >>>
    > >>> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
    > >>>
    > >>> Lou
    > >>
    > >> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
    > >> corner!

    > >
    > > Polls are kinda goofy but interesting to read.

    >
    > I hate those slideshows which require you to keep clicking and loading a new
    > batch of advertisements for every single item. I didn't read beyond the
    > first page.
    >

    I don't know what browser you're using but it's either the wrong one
    or you don't have the right add-ons. I didn't see any ads, but I'm
    using FF with ad-blocker and popup blocker.

    --
    I love cooking with wine.
    Sometimes I even put it in the food.

  11. #11
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    sf wrote:

    >> >>> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
    >> >>> the results surprised me
    >> >>>
    >> >>> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
    >> >>>
    >> >>> Or
    >> >>>
    >> >>> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
    >> >>>
    >> >>> Lou
    >> >>
    >> >> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
    >> >> corner!
    >> >
    >> > Polls are kinda goofy but interesting to read.

    >>
    >> I hate those slideshows which require you to keep clicking and loading a
    >> new batch of advertisements for every single item. I didn't read beyond
    >> the first page.
    >>

    > I don't know what browser you're using but it's either the wrong one
    > or you don't have the right add-ons. I didn't see any ads, but I'm
    > using FF with ad-blocker and popup blocker.


    Oh, I don't see the ads, but the pages take forever to *try* to load. Did
    you still have to click one-by-one to see each city in the list? If so, ****
    'em.

    Bob



  12. #12
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:36:48 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
    <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:

    >sf wrote:
    >
    >>> >>> I don't know how they came up with this or if it means anything but
    >>> >>> the results surprised me
    >>> >>>
    >>> >>> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/americas-10-most-caffeina_n_...>
    >>> >>>
    >>> >>> Or
    >>> >>>
    >>> >>> http://tinyurl.com/3ha8uov
    >>> >>>
    >>> >>> Lou
    >>> >>
    >>> >> I'm surprised Seattle isn't first with all the Starbucks on every
    >>> >> corner!
    >>> >
    >>> > Polls are kinda goofy but interesting to read.
    >>>
    >>> I hate those slideshows which require you to keep clicking and loading a
    >>> new batch of advertisements for every single item. I didn't read beyond
    >>> the first page.
    >>>

    >> I don't know what browser you're using but it's either the wrong one
    >> or you don't have the right add-ons. I didn't see any ads, but I'm
    >> using FF with ad-blocker and popup blocker.

    >
    >Oh, I don't see the ads, but the pages take forever to *try* to load. Did
    >you still have to click one-by-one to see each city in the list? If so, ****
    >'em.


    It switches as fast as I can click them. Are you still using dial-up?
    <G>

    Lou

  13. #13
    sf Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:36:48 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
    <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:

    > Oh, I don't see the ads, but the pages take forever to *try* to load. Did
    > you still have to click one-by-one to see each city in the list? If so, ****
    > 'em.


    If you mean did I use the arrow to advance, yes I did. All the images
    are grouped as thumbnails below the large image, but you have to
    enlarge them to see which city it is. When I scrolled through, the
    images loaded fast in 1-1.5 seconds each and I have a crappy
    connection. I'm paying for 20 Mb/s but my best speed tonight at
    speedtest.net was only 18.44 Mb/s.

    --
    I love cooking with wine.
    Sometimes I even put it in the food.

  14. #14
    goodfood Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities


    Thanks For Sharing useful information with us.




    --
    goodfood

  15. #15
    Bob Terwilliger Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    Lou wrote:

    >>>> I hate those slideshows which require you to keep clicking and loading
    >>>> a new batch of advertisements for every single item. I didn't read
    >>>> beyond the first page.
    >>>>
    >>> I don't know what browser you're using but it's either the wrong one
    >>> or you don't have the right add-ons. I didn't see any ads, but I'm
    >>> using FF with ad-blocker and popup blocker.

    >>
    >>Oh, I don't see the ads, but the pages take forever to *try* to load. Did
    >>you still have to click one-by-one to see each city in the list? If so,
    >>**** 'em.

    >
    > It switches as fast as I can click them. Are you still using dial-up?
    > <G>


    I just don't feel like playing the "click me" game. Why can't they just put
    up a single list? It would be *easier* to do that -- but then they wouldn't
    have as many ad spaces to sell, would they?

    Bob



  16. #16
    sf Guest

    Default Re: America's Ten Most Caffeinated Cities

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:37:55 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
    <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote:

    > I just don't feel like playing the "click me" game. Why can't they just put
    > up a single list? It would be *easier* to do that -- but then they wouldn't
    > have as many ad spaces to sell, would they?


    Most people on the internet these days are either on company time or
    diddling away at their cell phones. I don't usually do the click me
    game either, but that's when it comes to internet recipes. If the
    entire recipe is on video with no recipe printed below, I move on. I
    will not watch a recipe video unless it's demonstrating a technique I
    need to know about.

    --
    All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32