Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 2011 Christmas Candy making is DONE!!

  1. #1
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default 2011 Christmas Candy making is DONE!!

    And the milk chocolate/caramel/pecan/almond bark came out GREAT!!
    Despite that I had to wing it at tempering the real milk chocolate! It
    hardened up enough. Not perfect, but had a definite "knock" when I
    wrapped gently on it this AM with the handle of a metal spoon! :-)

    I was perusing tempering machines last afternoon on the Internet.
    Think I may wanna get a Revolation 2 Tempering Machine by ChocoVision.
    Only has a 1/5 lb capacity, but it tempers in approx 30 mins, so I
    think I could work with that. (Ya hear that Bryan? If I have the $$
    resources, I may go 100% real chocolate in 2012!)

    Now, for the Boxing!! :-)

    http://oi54.tinypic.com/j76v75.jpg

    Oh, and my nephew Paul came over the other afternoon and we sampled
    the Chocolate Covered Cherries! They were not finished, but they
    WORK!!! Bryan, you are gonna love these!

    Merry Christmas!

    John Kuthe...

  2. #2
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: 2011 Christmas Candy making is DONE!!

    On Dec 22, 1:04*pm, John Kuthe <johnkuth...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > And the milk chocolate/caramel/pecan/almond bark came out GREAT!!
    > Despite that I had to wing it at tempering the real milk chocolate! It
    > hardened up enough. Not perfect, but had a definite "knock" when I
    > wrapped gently on it this AM with the handle of a metal spoon! :-)
    >
    > I was perusing tempering machines last afternoon on the Internet.
    > Think I may wanna get a Revolation 2 Tempering Machine by ChocoVision.
    > Only has a 1/5 lb capacity, but it tempers in approx 30 mins, so I

    ....

    That's 1.5 lb capacity!!

    Bloody keyboard!

    John Kuthe...

  3. #3
    Ema Nymton Guest

    Default Re: 2011 Christmas Candy making is DONE!!

    On 12/22/2011 1:04 PM, John Kuthe wrote:

    > Now, for the Boxing!! :-)
    >
    > http://oi54.tinypic.com/j76v75.jpg
    >
    > Oh, and my nephew Paul came over the other afternoon and we sampled
    > the Chocolate Covered Cherries! They were not finished, but they
    > WORK!!! Bryan, you are gonna love these!
    >
    > Merry Christmas!
    >
    > John Kuthe...


    Your candy looks awesome. Now, what was your address...

    Becca

  4. #4
    Cheri Guest

    Default Re: 2011 Christmas Candy making is DONE!!

    Very nice!

    Cheri

    "John Kuthe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > And the milk chocolate/caramel/pecan/almond bark came out GREAT!!
    > Despite that I had to wing it at tempering the real milk chocolate! It
    > hardened up enough. Not perfect, but had a definite "knock" when I
    > wrapped gently on it this AM with the handle of a metal spoon! :-)
    >
    > I was perusing tempering machines last afternoon on the Internet.
    > Think I may wanna get a Revolation 2 Tempering Machine by ChocoVision.
    > Only has a 1/5 lb capacity, but it tempers in approx 30 mins, so I
    > think I could work with that. (Ya hear that Bryan? If I have the $$
    > resources, I may go 100% real chocolate in 2012!)
    >
    > Now, for the Boxing!! :-)
    >
    > http://oi54.tinypic.com/j76v75.jpg
    >
    > Oh, and my nephew Paul came over the other afternoon and we sampled
    > the Chocolate Covered Cherries! They were not finished, but they
    > WORK!!! Bryan, you are gonna love these!
    >
    > Merry Christmas!
    >
    > John Kuthe...




  5. #5
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: 2011 Christmas Candy making is DONE!!

    On Dec 22, 2:44*pm, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:
    > Very nice!
    >
    > Cheri

    ....

    That pic is from last year's Christmas Candy boxing, but I make the
    same things (mostly) every year.

    John Kuthe...

  6. #6
    Cheri Guest

    Default Re: 2011 Christmas Candy making is DONE!!

    "John Kuthe" <johnkuthern@gma[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    On Dec 22, 2:44 pm, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:
    > Very nice!
    >
    > Cheri

    ....

    That pic is from last year's Christmas Candy boxing, but I make the
    same things (mostly) every year.

    John Kuthe...

    ========

    I have to tell you that I am totally impressed. Nobody in our family makes
    candy anymore, my mom used to make tons of it like you do. They really were
    the most special gifts that people received, and never really forgotten.
    Good candy making is lots of work and I'm sure your family and friends
    appreciate it and look forward to it each year.

    Cheri



  7. #7
    John Kuthe Guest

    Default Re: 2011 Christmas Candy making is DONE!!

    On Dec 22, 3:01*pm, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:
    > "John Kuthe" <johnkuth...@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:[email protected]...
    > On Dec 22, 2:44 pm, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:> Very nice!
    >
    > > Cheri

    >
    > ...
    >
    > That pic is from last year's Christmas Candy boxing, but I make the
    > same things (mostly) every year.
    >
    > John Kuthe...
    >
    > ========
    >
    > I have to tell you that I am totally impressed. Nobody in our family makes
    > candy anymore, my mom used to make tons of it like you do. They really were
    > the most special gifts that people received, and never really forgotten.
    > Good candy making is lots of work and I'm sure your family and friends
    > appreciate it and look forward to it each year.
    >
    > Cheri


    Thank you. I've been doing this for 25 years now. I try yo make it
    good, but I get a lot of crap here because I've always used what some
    call fake chocolate, i.e. compound coating. Except on my Chocolate
    Covered Cherries, which I consider my crowning glory of candies. They
    are my own invented recipe:

    http://oi55.tinypic.com/244pkch.jpg

    I use real Bing cherries soaked overnight in Majic Juice, then I wrap
    each cherry in powdered sugar fondant with invert sugar and invertase
    to make it liquefy (several days later), then dip in real dark
    chocolate (as in the pic.) THAT is a lot of work! 6 hours for 200
    cherries this year.

    John Kuthe...

  8. #8
    Cheri Guest

    Default Re: 2011 Christmas Candy making is DONE!!

    "John Kuthe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    On Dec 22, 3:01 pm, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:
    > "John Kuthe" <johnkuth...@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:[email protected]...
    > On Dec 22, 2:44 pm, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:> Very nice!
    >
    > > Cheri

    >
    > ...
    >
    > That pic is from last year's Christmas Candy boxing, but I make the
    > same things (mostly) every year.
    >
    > John Kuthe...
    >
    > ========
    >
    > I have to tell you that I am totally impressed. Nobody in our family makes
    > candy anymore, my mom used to make tons of it like you do. They really
    > were
    > the most special gifts that people received, and never really forgotten.
    > Good candy making is lots of work and I'm sure your family and friends
    > appreciate it and look forward to it each year.
    >
    > Cheri


    Thank you. I've been doing this for 25 years now. I try yo make it
    good, but I get a lot of crap here because I've always used what some
    call fake chocolate, i.e. compound coating. Except on my Chocolate
    Covered Cherries, which I consider my crowning glory of candies. They
    are my own invented recipe:

    http://oi55.tinypic.com/244pkch.jpg

    I use real Bing cherries soaked overnight in Majic Juice, then I wrap
    each cherry in powdered sugar fondant with invert sugar and invertase
    to make it liquefy (several days later), then dip in real dark
    chocolate (as in the pic.) THAT is a lot of work! 6 hours for 200
    cherries this year.

    John Kuthe...

    =======

    They look really wonderful. I remember last year when you posted a pic of
    them and I thought...now, that's a lot of work.

    Cheri



  9. #9
    Storrmmee Guest

    Default Re: 2011 Christmas Candy making is DONE!!

    i been trying to geti out of him for quite some time but i guess because i
    am less than a hundred miles from where he lives he refuses to say, Lee
    "Ema Nymton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > On 12/22/2011 1:04 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
    >
    >> Now, for the Boxing!! :-)
    >>
    >> http://oi54.tinypic.com/j76v75.jpg
    >>
    >> Oh, and my nephew Paul came over the other afternoon and we sampled
    >> the Chocolate Covered Cherries! They were not finished, but they
    >> WORK!!! Bryan, you are gonna love these!
    >>
    >> Merry Christmas!
    >>
    >> John Kuthe...

    >
    > Your candy looks awesome. Now, what was your address...
    >
    > Becca




  10. #10
    Storrmmee Guest

    Default Re: 2011 Christmas Candy making is DONE!!

    bet it would take less than six hours to eat them with some really good
    coffee, Lee
    "Cheri" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > "John Kuthe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    > On Dec 22, 3:01 pm, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:
    >> "John Kuthe" <johnkuth...@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> On Dec 22, 2:44 pm, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:> Very nice!
    >>
    >> > Cheri

    >>
    >> ...
    >>
    >> That pic is from last year's Christmas Candy boxing, but I make the
    >> same things (mostly) every year.
    >>
    >> John Kuthe...
    >>
    >> ========
    >>
    >> I have to tell you that I am totally impressed. Nobody in our family
    >> makes
    >> candy anymore, my mom used to make tons of it like you do. They really
    >> were
    >> the most special gifts that people received, and never really forgotten.
    >> Good candy making is lots of work and I'm sure your family and friends
    >> appreciate it and look forward to it each year.
    >>
    >> Cheri

    >
    > Thank you. I've been doing this for 25 years now. I try yo make it
    > good, but I get a lot of crap here because I've always used what some
    > call fake chocolate, i.e. compound coating. Except on my Chocolate
    > Covered Cherries, which I consider my crowning glory of candies. They
    > are my own invented recipe:
    >
    > http://oi55.tinypic.com/244pkch.jpg
    >
    > I use real Bing cherries soaked overnight in Majic Juice, then I wrap
    > each cherry in powdered sugar fondant with invert sugar and invertase
    > to make it liquefy (several days later), then dip in real dark
    > chocolate (as in the pic.) THAT is a lot of work! 6 hours for 200
    > cherries this year.
    >
    > John Kuthe...
    >
    > =======
    >
    > They look really wonderful. I remember last year when you posted a pic of
    > them and I thought...now, that's a lot of work.
    >
    > Cheri
    >
    >




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32