Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

  1. #1
    ChattyCathy Guest

    Default (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    http://www.recfoodcooking.com
    --
    Cheers
    Chatty Cathy

  2. #2
    Pete C. Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...


    ChattyCathy wrote:
    >
    > http://www.recfoodcooking.com
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Chatty Cathy


    Ye-friggin-Ha! I'm first for once

  3. #3
    ChattyCathy Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    Pete C. wrote:

    >
    > ChattyCathy wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
    >> --
    >> Cheers
    >> Chatty Cathy

    >
    > Ye-friggin-Ha! I'm first for once


    Time to choose a TFH, methinks?

    <g>
    --
    Cheers
    Chatty Cathy

  4. #4
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    Pete C. said...

    >
    > ChattyCathy wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
    >> --
    >> Cheers
    >> Chatty Cathy

    >
    > Ye-friggin-Ha! I'm first for once



    Congrats Pete C!

    Andy
    Voter #2

  5. #5
    Cindy Hamilton Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    On Jun 19, 3:41*pm, ChattyCathy <cathy1...@mailinator.com> wrote:
    > http://www.recfoodcooking.com
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Chatty Cathy


    MCINL. I make *him* cook it.

    Cindy Hamilton

  6. #6
    Pete C. Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...


    ChattyCathy wrote:
    >
    > Pete C. wrote:
    >
    > >
    > > ChattyCathy wrote:
    > >>
    > >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
    > >> --
    > >> Cheers
    > >> Chatty Cathy

    > >
    > > Ye-friggin-Ha! I'm first for once

    >
    > Time to choose a TFH, methinks?


    Is there a TF welding helmet perhaps?

  7. #7
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    In article <9SR_l.26052$[email protected]>,
    ChattyCathy <[email protected]> wrote:

    > http://www.recfoodcooking.com


    I chose #1.

    I'll be cooking grilled Salmon for dad for Father's Day.

    Salmon is one of my least favorite meats...
    --
    Peace! Om

    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    -- Anon.

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  8. #8
    Pete C. Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...


    "Pete C." wrote:
    >
    > ChattyCathy wrote:
    > >
    > > Pete C. wrote:
    > >
    > > >
    > > > ChattyCathy wrote:
    > > >>
    > > >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
    > > >> --
    > > >> Cheers
    > > >> Chatty Cathy
    > > >
    > > > Ye-friggin-Ha! I'm first for once

    > >
    > > Time to choose a TFH, methinks?

    >
    > Is there a TF welding helmet perhaps?


    Ah, I see...

    While I'm fond of copper, I think the "#15: Brain Locker" will do
    nicely, kinda fits with my no crusts on cheesecake thing...

  9. #9
    Lin Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    Andy wrote:

    > Congrats Pete C!
    >
    > Andy
    > Voter #2


    I was #3, voting via my iPhone. :-)

    --Lin

  10. #10
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    Lin said...

    > I was #3, voting via my iPhone. :-)
    >
    > --Lin



    WHA???

    Explain?

    Google?

    Andy

  11. #11
    Lin Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    Andy wrote:

    > WHA???
    >
    > Explain?
    >
    > Google?


    Yup. I was killing time in an office and went to the groups via Google.
    Clicked the link and voila!

    --Lin (lusts for the new 3G S -- though the 3.0 update is pretty swanky
    on my original 2G)

  12. #12
    Andy Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    Lin said...

    > Andy wrote:
    >
    >> WHA???
    >>
    >> Explain?
    >>
    >> Google?

    >
    > Yup. I was killing time in an office and went to the groups via Google.
    > Clicked the link and voila!
    >
    > --Lin (lusts for the new 3G S -- though the 3.0 update is pretty swanky
    > on my original 2G)



    Lin,

    The 3.0 firmware just became jailbreakable today on Macs. Not PCs.

    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

    I'm not eligible for the 3GS unit upgrade until next January. ((

    Andy
    --
    "I only know what I read, not what I'm talking about!"
    --Andy


  13. #13
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:25:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Jun 19, 3:41*pm, ChattyCathy <cathy1...@mailinator.com> wrote:
    >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
    >> --
    >> Cheers
    >> Chatty Cathy

    >
    >MCINL. I make *him* cook it.


    That's about what we do. But there's so few things either of us
    dislike it's not really an issue. I don't like squash so she'll make
    it for herself but not often. She doesn't like liver. She's out of
    town so for lunch today I made mashed spuds with liver and onions.
    She won't even have to smell it. Works for us.

    Lou

  14. #14
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Lou Decruss <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:25:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >On Jun 19, 3:41*pm, ChattyCathy <cathy1...@mailinator.com> wrote:
    > >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
    > >> --
    > >> Cheers
    > >> Chatty Cathy

    > >
    > >MCINL. I make *him* cook it.

    >
    > That's about what we do. But there's so few things either of us
    > dislike it's not really an issue. I don't like squash so she'll make
    > it for herself but not often. She doesn't like liver. She's out of
    > town so for lunch today I made mashed spuds with liver and onions.
    > She won't even have to smell it. Works for us.
    >
    > Lou


    Respect for each others taste is always a good thing. :-)

    I cook for dad as his cooking skills suck, and he knows it.
    I can cook something he likes that I don't care for far better than he
    can...
    --
    Peace! Om

    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    -- Anon.

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  15. #15
    Bob Muncie Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    Omelet wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Lou Decruss <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:25:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Jun 19, 3:41 pm, ChattyCathy <cathy1...@mailinator.com> wrote:
    >>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
    >>>> --
    >>>> Cheers
    >>>> Chatty Cathy
    >>> MCINL. I make *him* cook it.

    >> That's about what we do. But there's so few things either of us
    >> dislike it's not really an issue. I don't like squash so she'll make
    >> it for herself but not often. She doesn't like liver. She's out of
    >> town so for lunch today I made mashed spuds with liver and onions.
    >> She won't even have to smell it. Works for us.
    >>
    >> Lou

    >
    > Respect for each others taste is always a good thing. :-)
    >
    > I cook for dad as his cooking skills suck, and he knows it.
    > I can cook something he likes that I don't care for far better than he
    > can...


    I'd wager it's because you are a sweetie and not just because he's
    related :-)

    Bob

  16. #16
    Omelet Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    In article <JVn%l.37158$QS.14556[email protected]>,
    Bob Muncie <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Omelet wrote:
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > Lou Decruss <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:25:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
    > >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >>> On Jun 19, 3:41 pm, ChattyCathy <cathy1...@mailinator.com> wrote:
    > >>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
    > >>>> --
    > >>>> Cheers
    > >>>> Chatty Cathy
    > >>> MCINL. I make *him* cook it.
    > >> That's about what we do. But there's so few things either of us
    > >> dislike it's not really an issue. I don't like squash so she'll make
    > >> it for herself but not often. She doesn't like liver. She's out of
    > >> town so for lunch today I made mashed spuds with liver and onions.
    > >> She won't even have to smell it. Works for us.
    > >>
    > >> Lou

    > >
    > > Respect for each others taste is always a good thing. :-)
    > >
    > > I cook for dad as his cooking skills suck, and he knows it.
    > > I can cook something he likes that I don't care for far better than he
    > > can...

    >
    > I'd wager it's because you are a sweetie and not just because he's
    > related :-)
    >
    > Bob


    <lol> I'll take that in the spirit it was meant... <g>
    He does praise my cooking so it's encouraging.
    --
    Peace! Om

    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    -- Anon.

    [email protected]
    Subscribe: [email protected]

  17. #17
    Dave Smith Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    Lou Decruss wrote:


    > That's about what we do. But there's so few things either of us
    > dislike it's not really an issue. I don't like squash so she'll make
    > it for herself but not often. She doesn't like liver. She's out of
    > town so for lunch today I made mashed spuds with liver and onions.
    > She won't even have to smell it. Works for us.


    There are not many things that my wife loves and I hate, or vice versa.
    We like a lot of the same things and have some things that we eat less
    often. However, she likes liver and I just can't get into that. She
    hates beets and I don't mind them. Sometimes when we go out for a meal
    she will have liver and I have a bowl of Borscht.



  18. #18
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 08:53:55 -0400, Dave Smith
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Lou Decruss wrote:
    >
    >
    >> That's about what we do. But there's so few things either of us
    >> dislike it's not really an issue. I don't like squash so she'll make
    >> it for herself but not often. She doesn't like liver. She's out of
    >> town so for lunch today I made mashed spuds with liver and onions.
    >> She won't even have to smell it. Works for us.

    >
    >There are not many things that my wife loves and I hate, or vice versa.
    >We like a lot of the same things and have some things that we eat less
    >often. However, she likes liver and I just can't get into that. She
    >hates beets and I don't mind them. Sometimes when we go out for a meal
    >she will have liver and I have a bowl of Borscht.


    I've never been with anyone who liked liver so since I've left the
    nest I've only had it in restaurants. Yesterday was the first time
    I've ever made it. We spoke in the phone last night and I mentioned
    how much I enjoyed it. She said she could deal with the smell and I
    should make it for myself more often. But IMO there's too many things
    we enjoy together for me to make 2 main dishes. Her making squash as
    a side is a different story. I often cook on a large griddle that
    covers two burners. I could pull off two different dishes on it but
    then you've got the leftover issue. There's a few things I'll cook
    with the intention of having leftovers but for the most part I try to
    avoid them.

    Lou

  19. #19
    Nancy Young Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    Lou Decruss wrote:

    > That's about what we do. But there's so few things either of us
    > dislike it's not really an issue. I don't like squash so she'll make
    > it for herself but not often. She doesn't like liver. She's out of
    > town so for lunch today I made mashed spuds with liver and onions.
    > She won't even have to smell it. Works for us.


    The problem with liver is the smell. Well, the taste, too, but if you're
    not going to eat it, that's no problem. I really don't want to be
    around that. You always knew when it was liver and onions day
    in the cafeteria at work, it would hit you before you even walked
    into the building. Nothing else on the menu travelled that far through
    the exhaust fans.

    So I think it's very sweet that you make it when she's not around.
    She has a lovely name but it's not coming to me right now. (laugh)

    I can't picture making liver for anyone as I can't stand it. How would
    I know when it was good. Fuggedaboutit.

    But making squash for someone, it's harmless enough, I can't picture
    anyone would object to that even if they don't eat it.

    nancy

  20. #20
    Lou Decruss Guest

    Default Re: (2009-06-19) NS-RFC: Cooking for a loved one...

    On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:31:04 -0400, "Nancy Young"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Lou Decruss wrote:
    >
    >> That's about what we do. But there's so few things either of us
    >> dislike it's not really an issue. I don't like squash so she'll make
    >> it for herself but not often. She doesn't like liver. She's out of
    >> town so for lunch today I made mashed spuds with liver and onions.
    >> She won't even have to smell it. Works for us.

    >
    >The problem with liver is the smell. Well, the taste, too, but if you're
    >not going to eat it, that's no problem. I really don't want to be
    >around that. You always knew when it was liver and onions day
    >in the cafeteria at work, it would hit you before you even walked
    >into the building. Nothing else on the menu travelled that far through
    >the exhaust fans.


    It is pretty pungent.

    >So I think it's very sweet that you make it when she's not around.


    She said she could deal with the smell but I see no need to make her
    do it. When she does her hair the smell makes me want to gag so she
    usually does it when I'm not home. Common courtesy goes a long way in
    a relationship.

    >She has a lovely name but it's not coming to me right now. (laugh)


    Louise.

    >I can't picture making liver for anyone as I can't stand it. How would
    >I know when it was good. Fuggedaboutit.
    >
    >But making squash for someone, it's harmless enough, I can't picture
    >anyone would object to that even if they don't eat it.


    I don't object. It's just never been an issue. I'd have to google or
    ask here to even know how to prepare it. Louise loves pumpkin too and
    I don't care for it. Every fall she gets a few and I'll help clean
    them but there's no way I'll eat pumpkin pie. But she has been making
    pumpkin rolls the last few years that are pretty good with ice cream.
    That's about as close as I'll come to that stuff.

    Lou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32