I really don't know what they're called, but a few spices that I've purchased come with these half-moon openings under the cover that allow you to dip a measuring spoon into it and drag it against this flat edge that levels off the amount in the spoon. I think it's great. But with few exceptions (like baking powder), none of the containers come with this.

Today I made some soup that called for a tablespoon of cumin and one of chili powder. I made a holy mess trying to get them out of the spice bottles.

I've been looking around trying to find some spice jars or tins that have this sort of cover, but the only ones I found were terribly expensive.

Does anyone know what the official name for this sort of lid would be and maybe where I could buy some?

Thanks for any help.