Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Thanksgiving info

  1. #1
    Bi!! Guest

    Default Thanksgiving info

    Dale-As a resident New Yorker I'm looking for some guidance. We are
    spending T-day in NYC as my Son-In-Law is on assignment there. We are
    looking for a place for Thanksgiving dinner and my daughter listed a
    few places that she likes: The Red Cat,Good Restaurant and Cooks Shop
    which all offer a Thanksgiving Day Menu. Were staying at 57th and
    Park Ave. Any input is welcome. Sorry to be so off topic.

  2. #2
    DaleW Guest

    Default Re: Thanksgiving info

    On Monday, September 24, 2012 3:28:21 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
    > Dale-As a resident New Yorker I'm looking for some guidance. We are
    >
    > spending T-day in NYC as my Son-In-Law is on assignment there. We are
    >
    > looking for a place for Thanksgiving dinner and my daughter listed a
    >
    > few places that she likes: The Red Cat,Good Restaurant and Cooks Shop
    >
    > which all offer a Thanksgiving Day Menu. Were staying at 57th and
    >
    > Park Ave. Any input is welcome. Sorry to be so off topic.


    The only one I've been to is Red Cat, and that's been a while. Nice in a kind of we're a bistro+ type style, food quite competent if not innovative. Cookshop has a very good rep (and are rumored to be corkage friendly). I don't know Good.

    Sorry that I'm going to GA for Thanksgiving, would have been nice to meet you.

    57th and Park- 2 blocks from Crush (and 2 short blocks from Sherry Lehmann!).

    Besides T'giving dinner, for variety you are near Peking Duck house and Il Corso (both corkage friendly). if you want to splurge Daniel, a little less of a splurge Rouge Tomato.


  3. #3
    Mark Lipton Guest

    Default Re: Thanksgiving info

    On 9/24/12 4:41 PM, DaleW wrote:

    > 57th and Park- 2 blocks from Crush (and 2 short blocks from Sherry
    > Lehmann!).
    >
    > Besides T'giving dinner, for variety you are near Peking Duck house
    > and Il Corso (both corkage friendly). if you want to splurge Daniel,
    > a little less of a splurge Rouge Tomato.


    I'm pretty sure you mean Rouge Tomate, Dale (autocorrect error?). And I
    can vouch for Il Corso, both for food quality and for low corkage.

    Mark Lipton



    --
    alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

  4. #4
    Bi!! Guest

    Default Re: Thanksgiving info

    On Sep 24, 4:41*pm, DaleW <Dwmi...@aol.com> wrote:
    > On Monday, September 24, 2012 3:28:21 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
    > > Dale-As a resident New Yorker I'm looking for some guidance. *We are

    >
    > > spending T-day in NYC as my Son-In-Law is on assignment there. *We are

    >
    > > looking for a place for Thanksgiving dinner and my daughter listed a

    >
    > > few places that she likes: *The Red Cat,Good Restaurant and Cooks Shop

    >
    > > which all offer a Thanksgiving Day Menu. *Were staying at 57th and

    >
    > > Park Ave. * Any input is welcome. *Sorry to be so off topic.

    >
    > The only one I've been to is Red Cat, and that's been a while. Nice in a kind of we're a bistro+ type style, food quite competent if not innovative.Cookshop has a very good rep (and are rumored to be corkage friendly). I don't know Good.
    >
    > Sorry that I'm going to GA for Thanksgiving, would have been nice to meetyou.
    >
    > 57th and Park- 2 blocks from Crush (and 2 short blocks from Sherry Lehmann!).
    >
    > Besides T'giving dinner, for variety you are near Peking Duck house and Il Corso (both corkage friendly). if you want to splurge Daniel, a little less of a splurge Rouge Tomato.


    Thanks Dale and Mark. Too bad you're travelling but I will be
    returning to NYC in the spring so I'll give you a "heads-up".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32