Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Re: TN: Listen to the Sommelier (Alto Adige, Loire, Rhone)

  1. #1
    DaleW Guest

    Default Re: TN: Listen to the Sommelier (Alto Adige, Loire, Rhone)

    Yes, Georges. I think he may have more than one bottling, I didn't note. I thought this was pretty typical acidity for Condrieu, which I typically find a little fat.

    So about 30 minutes ago police called. Someone found my wallet while shoveling snow. No cash, but everything else is there.The cards are already cancelled, but less worries about ID theft. And I don't need to replace drivers license (or little things like memberships cards, library cards, insurance,etc). I'm still out the price of a case of pretty good Burgundy, and have to deal with changing cards for recurring charges, but better than nothing.

  2. #2
    Mark Lipton Guest

    Default Re: TN: Listen to the Sommelier (Alto Adige, Loire, Rhone)

    On 2/4/11 12:28 PM, DaleW wrote:
    > Yes, Georges. I think he may have more than one bottling, I didn't
    > note. I thought this was pretty typical acidity for Condrieu, which
    > I typically find a little fat.


    Yeah, I know what you mean about the fatness, a feature of all
    Viognier-based wines I've tried. Vernay's Condrieus in the past have
    had enough zippy acidity keep it fresh on the palate, an amazing
    balancing act. Perhaps I was just reading too much into your note.

    > So about 30 minutes ago police called. Someone found my wallet while
    > shoveling snow. No cash, but everything else is there.The cards are
    > already cancelled, but less worries about ID theft. And I don't need
    > to replace drivers license (or little things like memberships cards,
    > library cards, insurance, etc). I'm still out the price of a case of
    > pretty good Burgundy, and have to deal with changing cards for
    > recurring charges, but better than nothing.


    Well, that's a bit of good news, though it's still a pretty sucky
    experience. On a separate note, Google Groups now is completely borked
    for posting to Usenet: your response to mine isn't properly threaded in
    my newsreader because it lacks the required References header and
    instead uses an In-Reply-To header that is completely non-standard and
    ignored. *sigh* And "Patok": enabling format-flowed didn't fix the line
    break problem. Back to the drawing board...

    Mark Lipton
    --
    alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

  3. #3
    Bi!! Guest

    Default Re: TN: Listen to the Sommelier (Alto Adige, Loire, Rhone)

    On Feb 4, 1:01*pm, Mark Lipton <not...@eudrup.ude> wrote:
    > On 2/4/11 12:28 PM, DaleW wrote:> Yes, Georges. I think he may have more than one bottling, I didn't
    >
    > *> note. I thought this was pretty typical acidity for Condrieu, which
    > *> I typically find a little fat.
    >
    > Yeah, I know what you mean about the fatness, a feature of all
    > Viognier-based wines I've tried. *Vernay's Condrieus in the past have
    > had enough zippy acidity keep it fresh on the palate, an amazing
    > balancing act. *Perhaps I was just reading too much into your note.
    >
    > > So about 30 minutes ago police called. Someone found my wallet while

    >
    > *> shoveling snow. No cash, but everything else is there.The cards are
    > *> already cancelled, but less worries about ID theft. And I don't need
    > *> to replace drivers license (or little things like memberships cards,
    > *> library cards, insurance, etc). I'm still out the price of a case of
    > *> pretty good Burgundy, and have to deal with changing cards for
    > *> recurring charges, but better than nothing.
    >
    > Well, that's a bit of good news, though it's still a pretty sucky
    > experience. *On a separate note, Google Groups now is completely borked
    > for posting to Usenet: your response to mine isn't properly threaded in
    > my newsreader because it lacks the required References header and
    > instead uses an In-Reply-To header that is completely non-standard and
    > ignored. *sigh* *And "Patok": enabling format-flowed didn't fix the line
    > break problem. *Back to the drawing board...
    >
    > Mark Lipton
    > --
    > alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net


    Sorry about the wallet. Dinner sounds yummy! I poost using Google
    Groups...are my postings off kilter?

  4. #4
    Mark Lipton Guest

    Default Re: TN: Listen to the Sommelier (Alto Adige, Loire, Rhone)

    On 2/4/11 3:02 PM, Bi!! wrote:

    > Sorry about the wallet. Dinner sounds yummy! I poost using Google
    > Groups...are my postings off kilter?


    No, they're not, Bill. Thanks for pointing that out. Lemme see what I
    can find that's different...

    Mark Lipton


    --
    alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

  5. #5
    Crazy Patok Guest

    Default Re: TN: Listen to the Sommelier (Alto Adige, Loire, Rhone)

    On Feb 4, 3:30*pm, Mark Lipton <not...@eudrup.ude> wrote:
    > On 2/4/11 3:02 PM, Bi!! wrote:
    >
    > > Sorry about the wallet. *Dinner sounds yummy! *I poost using Google
    > > Groups...are my postings off kilter?

    >
    > No, they're not, Bill. *Thanks for pointing that out. Lemme see what I
    > can find that's different...


    There is one difference I can see - Dale's messages have a Reply-To:
    header, which shouldn't be there. It appears as if it is an e-mail,
    not a newsgroup post. Weird. I'm posting this reply using GG myself;
    I'm curious to see what will happen. Could Dale be using the "New
    Google Groups"?
    In any, event, Mark, there's another thing you can do when you see
    long lines in your reply window when using TB - you can do Edit ->
    Rewrap before you enter any text. That should take care of them. It is
    a palliative measure, but oh well...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32