Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: "A 1999 Pomerol wine from Bordeaux and Coquilles St. Jacques scallopsset the refined tone for their cordial, if not overly gushing, exchange."

  1. #1
    [email protected] Guest

    Default "A 1999 Pomerol wine from Bordeaux and Coquilles St. Jacques scallopsset the refined tone for their cordial, if not overly gushing, exchange."


  2. #2
    DaleW Guest

    Default Re: "A 1999 Pomerol wine from Bordeaux and Coquilles St. Jacquesscallops set the refined tone for their cordial, if not overly gushing,exchange."

    Were they matched together? That would be....different.
    Isn't Coquilles St Jacques scallops redundant?

  3. #3
    [email protected] Guest

    Default Re: "A 1999 Pomerol wine from Bordeaux and Coquilles St. Jacquesscallops set the refined tone for their cordial, if not overly gushing,exchange."

    On Apr 7, 8:01*am, DaleW <Dwmi...@aol.com> wrote:
    > Were they matched together? That would be....different.
    > Isn't Coquilles St Jacques scallops redundant?


    I'm confused about this also. AFAIK, it refers both to the shellfish
    itself, and a dish made with scallops simmered in wine, then mixed
    with mushrooms, shallot, butter, and cream - and often served in a
    scallop shell.

    He was probably referring to that dish.

    Chris

  4. #4
    Emery Davis Guest

    Default Re: "A 1999 Pomerol wine from Bordeaux and Coquilles St. Jacquesscallops set the refined tone for their cordial, if not overly gushing,exchange."

    [email protected] wrote:
    > On Apr 7, 8:01 am, DaleW <Dwmi...@aol.com> wrote:
    >> Were they matched together? That would be....different.
    >> Isn't Coquilles St Jacques scallops redundant?

    >
    > I'm confused about this also. AFAIK, it refers both to the shellfish
    > itself, and a dish made with scallops simmered in wine, then mixed
    > with mushrooms, shallot, butter, and cream - and often served in a
    > scallop shell.
    >
    > He was probably referring to that dish.
    >


    I've never heard of coquilles St Jacques meaning anything but
    "scallops," not any specific dish. FWIW, I think its just
    sloppy writing.

    -E

  5. #5
    Mike Tommasi Guest

  6. #6
    Bi!! Guest

    Default Re: "A 1999 Pomerol wine from Bordeaux and Coquilles St. Jacquesscallops set the refined tone for their cordial, if not overly gushing,exchange."

    On Apr 8, 3:36�pm, Mike Tommasi <nob...@tommasi.org> wrote:
    > art...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Do you approve?:

    >
    > >http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...LukvD8DS2g0nwz...

    >
    > Where else could a Pomerol wine come from?
    >
    > --
    > Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
    > email linkhttp://www.tommasi.org/mymail


    Mike,
    Only a very, very few Americans would know that Pomerol was part
    of Bordeaux. Most wouldn't have clue as to what Bordeaux actually is
    to be frank.

  7. #7
    Mike Tommasi Guest

    Default Re: "A 1999 Pomerol wine from Bordeaux and Coquilles St. Jacquesscallops set the refined tone for their cordial, if not overly gushing,exchange."

    Bi!! wrote:
    > On Apr 8, 3:36�pm, Mike Tommasi <nob...@tommasi.org> wrote:
    >> art...@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> Do you approve?:
    >>> http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...LukvD8DS2g0nwz...

    >> Where else could a Pomerol wine come from?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
    >> email linkhttp://www.tommasi.org/mymail

    >
    > Mike,
    > Only a very, very few Americans would know that Pomerol was part
    > of Bordeaux. Most wouldn't have clue as to what Bordeaux actually is
    > to be frank.


    Bordeaux, it's a wine isn't it? :-)


    --
    Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
    email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

  8. #8
    Mark Lipton Guest

    Default Re: "A 1999 Pomerol wine from Bordeaux and Coquilles St. Jacquesscallops set the refined tone for their cordial, if not overly gushing,exchange."

    Mike Tommasi wrote:

    > Bordeaux, it's a wine isn't it? :-)


    Nah, that's Bardolino. Bordeaux was my favorite candy in the See's
    chocolate sampler ;-)

    http://www.sees.com/prod.cfm/Dark_Ch...olate_Bordeaux

    Mark Lipton

    --
    alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

  9. #9
    IanH Guest

    Default Re: "A 1999 Pomerol wine from Bordeaux and Coquilles St. Jacques scallops set the refined tone for their cordial, if not overly gushing, exchange."


  10. #10
    Christopher Sprague Guest

    Default Re: "A 1999 Pomerol wine from Bordeaux and Coquilles St. Jacquesscallops set the refined tone for their cordial, if not overly gushing,exchange."

    Type "coquille st jacques" into Google - even the French version, and
    what comprises most of your hits. It's the aforementioned dish.

    Same goes for an image search.

    I've been served this dish a few times while staying with friends in
    France, and have since learned how to make it. It's really good. And
    that really is what it's called, with nothing in the name to distinguish
    it from the main ingredient.

    Chris


    Emery Davis wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> On Apr 7, 8:01 am, DaleW <Dwmi...@aol.com> wrote:
    >>> Were they matched together? That would be....different.
    >>> Isn't Coquilles St Jacques scallops redundant?

    >>
    >> I'm confused about this also. AFAIK, it refers both to the shellfish
    >> itself, and a dish made with scallops simmered in wine, then mixed
    >> with mushrooms, shallot, butter, and cream - and often served in a
    >> scallop shell.
    >>
    >> He was probably referring to that dish.
    >>

    >
    > I've never heard of coquilles St Jacques meaning anything but
    > "scallops," not any specific dish. FWIW, I think its just
    > sloppy writing.
    >
    > -E


  11. #11
    Mike Tommasi Guest

    Default Re: "A 1999 Pomerol wine from Bordeaux and Coquilles St. Jacquesscallops set the refined tone for their cordial, if not overly gushing,exchange."

    Christopher Sprague wrote:
    > Type "coquille st jacques" into Google - even the French version, and
    > what comprises most of your hits. It's the aforementioned dish.
    >
    > Same goes for an image search.
    >


    It is not a dish, it is the french name for scallop. Same in italian,
    "capesante", means holy shells, as in holy Saint James.

    We don't speak Google in France :-)

    --
    Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
    email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32