Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: RECIPE: Stracetti with arugula and grana

  1. #1
    Susan Guest

    Default RECIPE: Stracetti with arugula and grana

    x-no-archive: yes

    I made this a few years ago and stashed it away, even though we loved it.

    I have a passionate love affair with arugula, but if you don't, other
    greens could sub for it.


    1-1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin sliced against the grain into 1/4 inch strips
    4 TBS extra virgin olive oil
    Salt and freshly ground pepper
    3 TBS balsamic vinegar (not cheap sugar added stuff)
    1 TBS chopped fresh rosemary, plus a little extra
    Large bunch arugula, clean and rough chopped
    Grana cheese or shaved parmesan for garnish (I went a bit heavy with
    strips of this)
    Pine nuts for garnish (I lightly toasted them)
    Halved grape or grape kumato tomatoes (optional, my addition to recipe)


    Put meat in a bowl and drizzle with 1 TBS of the EVOO, 1 TBS of rosemary
    and salt and fresh ground pepper. Let rest for one hour at room temp

    In a large skillet, heat 3 TBS of EVOO over med/high heat. When hot,
    toss in the meat and balsamic vinegar, and brown the meat quickly on all
    sides so med rare.

    Remove meat to a heated platter, reduce sauce over med/high for about 5
    minutes, then season with remaining bit of rosemary and salt and pepper
    to taste.

    Arrange tomato halves around outer rim of platter with arugula, arrange
    cooked beef slices atop arugula, then grana/parmesan, then pine nuts.
    Drizzle the balsamic sauce from the pan over the salad.

    Great summer meal. Wendy, you could easily enjoy this without the cheese.

    Susan
















  2. #2
    W. Baker Guest

    Default Re: RECIPE: Stracetti with arugula and grana

    Susan <[email protected]> wrote:
    : x-no-archive: yes

    : I made this a few years ago and stashed it away, even though we loved it.

    : I have a passionate love affair with arugula, but if you don't, other
    : greens could sub for it.


    : 1-1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin sliced against the grain into 1/4 inch strips
    : 4 TBS extra virgin olive oil
    : Salt and freshly ground pepper
    : 3 TBS balsamic vinegar (not cheap sugar added stuff)
    : 1 TBS chopped fresh rosemary, plus a little extra
    : Large bunch arugula, clean and rough chopped
    : Grana cheese or shaved parmesan for garnish (I went a bit heavy with
    : strips of this)
    : Pine nuts for garnish (I lightly toasted them)
    : Halved grape or grape kumato tomatoes (optional, my addition to recipe)


    : Put meat in a bowl and drizzle with 1 TBS of the EVOO, 1 TBS of rosemary
    : and salt and fresh ground pepper. Let rest for one hour at room temp

    : In a large skillet, heat 3 TBS of EVOO over med/high heat. When hot,
    : toss in the meat and balsamic vinegar, and brown the meat quickly on all
    : sides so med rare.

    : Remove meat to a heated platter, reduce sauce over med/high for about 5
    : minutes, then season with remaining bit of rosemary and salt and pepper
    : to taste.

    : Arrange tomato halves around outer rim of platter with arugula, arrange
    : cooked beef slices atop arugula, then grana/parmesan, then pine nuts.
    : Drizzle the balsamic sauce from the pan over the salad.

    : Great summer meal. Wendy, you could easily enjoy this without the cheese.

    : Susan

    Thanks, I was just about to ask:-)

    Wendy















  3. #3
    Susan Guest

    Default Re: RECIPE: Stracetti with arugula and grana

    x-no-archive: yes

    On 5/22/2012 9:23 PM, W. Baker wrote:

    > Thanks, I was just about to ask:-)
    >


    I gotcher back. :-)

    Still heading up to the country this week?

    Susan

  4. #4
    W. Baker Guest

    Default Re: RECIPE: Stracetti with arugula and grana

    Susan <[email protected]> wrote:
    : x-no-archive: yes

    : On 5/22/2012 9:23 PM, W. Baker wrote:

    : > Thanks, I was just about to ask:-)
    : >

    : I gotcher back. :-)

    : Still heading up to the country this week?

    : Susan

    Yup and looing forward to itand to meeting tom's cousin.
    please sent me your emil addy. I seem to not have put it in my address
    book.

    have a great Memorial Day Weekend to you and EVERYONE!!

    Wendy

  5. #5
    Susan Guest

    Default Re: RECIPE: Stracetti with arugula and grana

    x-no-archive: yes

    On 5/23/2012 2:35 PM, W. Baker wrote:

    > Yup and looing forward to itand to meeting tom's cousin.


    Anne is actually an aunt by marriage... lovely person, good, easy company.

    > please sent me your emil addy. I seem to not have put it in my address
    > book.


    Will do.
    >
    > have a great Memorial Day Weekend to you and EVERYONE!!


    You too, Wendy, I hope you have a great time in the mountains.

    Susan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32