Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Ping Janet Wilder

  1. #1
    W. Baker Guest

    Default Ping Janet Wilder

    Janet,

    I am in the midst of making your almond macaroons wth the Pesach sucraloe
    sweetener. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the recipe adn
    immediately jotted down my memeory and wel will see how it turns out. I
    made one change as I had no vanilla KLP so I added powdered ginger.

    Coul dyou eithe r post here or email me the recipe so I can have it in my
    files as I will, surely not have remembered all the details now, will not
    by next year(or even next week:-)

    Have a wonderful Pesach to you and to all to whom it applies on this list.

    Wendy-so happy not to be cooking for the Seder anymore



  2. #2
    Susan Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    x-no-archive: yes

    On 4/5/2012 7:16 PM, W. Baker wrote:
    > Janet,
    >
    > I am in the midst of making your almond macaroons wth the Pesach sucraloe
    > sweetener. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the recipe adn
    > immediately jotted down my memeory and wel will see how it turns out. I
    > made one change as I had no vanilla KLP so I added powdered ginger.
    >
    > Coul dyou eithe r post here or email me the recipe so I can have it in my
    > files as I will, surely not have remembered all the details now, will not
    > by next year(or even next week:-)
    >
    > Have a wonderful Pesach to you and to all to whom it applies on this list.
    >
    > Wendy-so happy not to be cooking for the Seder anymore
    >
    >


    Found it, Wendy!



    Almond Macaroons
    1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
    1 cup Splenda
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 large egg whites
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    butter-flavor cooking spray
    In a food processor grind fine the almonds with the Splenda and salt.
    In a bowl, beat the egg whites until they are foamy (just before soft
    peaks form) and fold in the almond mixture, gently but thoroughly. Line
    a baking sheet with parchment paper and "butter" or spray the parchment.
    Spoon batter onto the parchment by half-teaspoons, placing the mounds
    2 inches apart. Bake in the middle of a pre-heated 300 degree oven for
    20 minutes or until they are golden around the edges. Let them cool on
    the parchment. Peel the macaroons from the parchment and store them in
    an airtight container.

  3. #3
    Susan Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    x-no-archive: yes

    On 4/5/2012 7:21 PM, Susan wrote:

    > Found it, Wendy!
    >
    >
    >
    > Almond Macaroons
    > 1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
    > 1 cup Splenda
    > 1/4 tsp salt
    > 2 large egg whites
    > 1/4 tsp vanilla
    > butter-flavor cooking spray
    > In a food processor grind fine the almonds with the Splenda and salt.
    > In a bowl, beat the egg whites until they are foamy (just before soft
    > peaks form) and fold in the almond mixture, gently but thoroughly. Line
    > a baking sheet with parchment paper and "butter" or spray the parchment.
    > Spoon batter onto the parchment by half-teaspoons, placing the mounds
    > 2 inches apart. Bake in the middle of a pre-heated 300 degree oven for
    > 20 minutes or until they are golden around the edges. Let them cool on
    > the parchment. Peel the macaroons from the parchment and store them in
    > an airtight container.


    And happy pesach to all who observe it.

    Susan

  4. #4
    Evelyn Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 19:22:09 -0400, Susan <[email protected]> wrote:

    >x-no-archive: yes
    >
    >On 4/5/2012 7:21 PM, Susan wrote:
    >
    >> Found it, Wendy!
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Almond Macaroons
    >> 1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
    >> 1 cup Splenda
    >> 1/4 tsp salt
    >> 2 large egg whites
    >> 1/4 tsp vanilla
    >> butter-flavor cooking spray
    >> In a food processor grind fine the almonds with the Splenda and salt.
    >> In a bowl, beat the egg whites until they are foamy (just before soft
    >> peaks form) and fold in the almond mixture, gently but thoroughly. Line
    >> a baking sheet with parchment paper and "butter" or spray the parchment.
    >> Spoon batter onto the parchment by half-teaspoons, placing the mounds
    >> 2 inches apart. Bake in the middle of a pre-heated 300 degree oven for
    >> 20 minutes or until they are golden around the edges. Let them cool on
    >> the parchment. Peel the macaroons from the parchment and store them in
    >> an airtight container.

    >
    >And happy pesach to all who observe it.
    >
    >Susan



    I wish a happy pesach to all who observe it, and a happy easter to
    those who observe it!

    I am a Buddhist, so although I don't celebrate either one religiously,
    I celebrate the holiday as a cultural or folk holiday.

    I will be going to see my grandchildren on Sunday and bringing a lot
    of the food for the meal that day.

    Have a happy holiday, everyone! I will check in here as usual
    though!

    Evelyn

  5. #5
    W. Baker Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    Susan <[email protected]> wrote:
    : x-no-archive: yes

    : On 4/5/2012 7:16 PM, W. Baker wrote:
    : > Janet,
    : >
    : > I am in the midst of making your almond macaroons wth the Pesach sucraloe
    : > sweetener. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the recipe adn
    : > immediately jotted down my memeory and wel will see how it turns out. I
    : > made one change as I had no vanilla KLP so I added powdered ginger.
    : >
    : > Coul dyou eithe r post here or email me the recipe so I can have it in my
    : > files as I will, surely not have remembered all the details now, will not
    : > by next year(or even next week:-)
    : >
    : > Have a wonderful Pesach to you and to all to whom it applies on this list.
    : >
    : > Wendy-so happy not to be cooking for the Seder anymore
    : >
    : >

    : Found it, Wendy!



    : Almond Macaroons
    : 1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
    : 1 cup Splenda
    : 1/4 tsp salt
    : 2 large egg whites
    : 1/4 tsp vanilla
    : butter-flavor cooking spray
    : In a food processor grind fine the almonds with the Splenda and salt.
    : In a bowl, beat the egg whites until they are foamy (just before soft
    : peaks form) and fold in the almond mixture, gently but thoroughly. Line
    : a baking sheet with parchment paper and "butter" or spray the parchment.
    : Spoon batter onto the parchment by half-teaspoons, placing the mounds
    : 2 inches apart. Bake in the middle of a pre-heated 300 degree oven for
    : 20 minutes or until they are golden around the edges. Let them cool on
    : the parchment. Peel the macaroons from the parchment and store them in
    : an airtight container.

    bless you!! and thanks!! I tried it this afternoon from memory and with
    my two changes adn they came out like little balls of crumbly flavor.
    they did not spread. Considering that they are not only low in carbs but
    kosher for Passover, I probably will try again. I may use larger egg
    whites and add a 1.4 tsp wine to make sure there is a bit more liquid in
    the dough. I have lots of ground walnuts around so probably will make
    some of those rather than the almonds. As the walnuts are oilier they may
    well affect the teture. I was , perhaps, a pit too generous with the
    ginger, but it does add a nice and holiday taste.

    Wendy



  6. #6
    Susan Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > bless you!! and thanks!!


    You're mighty welcome. :-)

    I tried it this afternoon from memory and with
    > my two changes adn they came out like little balls of crumbly flavor.
    > they did not spread. Considering that they are not only low in carbs but
    > kosher for Passover, I probably will try again. I may use larger egg
    > whites and add a 1.4 tsp wine to make sure there is a bit more liquid in
    > the dough. I have lots of ground walnuts around so probably will make
    > some of those rather than the almonds. As the walnuts are oilier they may
    > well affect the teture. I was , perhaps, a pit too generous with the
    > ginger, but it does add a nice and holiday taste.


    I hope the next batch gives you the right texture.

    Susan

  7. #7
    W. Baker Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    Susan <[email protected]> wrote:
    : x-no-archive: yes
    : >
    : > bless you!! and thanks!!

    : You're mighty welcome. :-)

    : I tried it this afternoon from memory and with
    : > my two changes adn they came out like little balls of crumbly flavor.
    : > they did not spread. Considering that they are not only low in carbs but
    : > kosher for Passover, I probably will try again. I may use larger egg
    : > whites and add a 1.4 tsp wine to make sure there is a bit more liquid in
    : > the dough. I have lots of ground walnuts around so probably will make
    : > some of those rather than the almonds. As the walnuts are oilier they may
    : > well affect the teture. I was , perhaps, a pit too generous with the
    : > ginger, but it does add a nice and holiday taste.

    : I hope the next batch gives you the right texture.

    : Susan

    Thanks, but with this bach, if I don't exercise god control they will be
    gone before the oliday officially comes in tonight:-) I am fighting to
    keep them around for a while!!

    Again to all, happy and somewhat controlled holidays. I must say that all
    the wine at the Seder(now dry ) helps keep the bgs somewhat in line:-)

    Wendy

  8. #8
    Janet Wilder Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    On 4/5/2012 6:16 PM, W. Baker wrote:
    > Janet,
    >
    > I am in the midst of making your almond macaroons wth the Pesach sucraloe
    > sweetener. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the recipe adn
    > immediately jotted down my memeory and wel will see how it turns out. I
    > made one change as I had no vanilla KLP so I added powdered ginger.
    >
    > Coul dyou eithe r post here or email me the recipe so I can have it in my
    > files as I will, surely not have remembered all the details now, will not
    > by next year(or even next week:-)
    >
    > Have a wonderful Pesach to you and to all to whom it applies on this list.
    >
    > Wendy-so happy not to be cooking for the Seder anymore
    >
    >

    So sorry to be late, Wendy. We were out of town and just got back late
    yesterday in time to clean up and go to the communal seder. Here's the
    recipe for regular year.

    chag samaich!


    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Almond Macaroons

    Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 48 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : cookies

    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
    1 cup Splenda
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 large egg whites
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    butter-flavor cooking spray

    In a food processor grind fine the almonds with the Splenda and salt.
    In a bowl, beat the egg whites until they are foamy (just before soft
    peaks form) and fold in the almond mixture, gently but thoroughly.

    Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and "butter" or spray the
    parchment. Spoon batter onto the parchment by half-teaspoons, placing
    the mounds 2 inches apart.

    Bake in the middle of a pre-heated 300 degree oven for 20 minutes or
    until they are golden around the edges. Let them cool on the parchment.
    Peel the macaroons from the parchment and store them in an airtight
    container.



    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

  9. #9
    KROM Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    I made these yesterday..very good!

    I bet these would be as good with unsweetened shredded coconut.

    KROM


    "Janet Wilder" wrote

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Almond Macaroons

    Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 48 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : cookies

    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
    1 cup Splenda
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 large egg whites
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    butter-flavor cooking spray

    In a food processor grind fine the almonds with the Splenda and salt.
    In a bowl, beat the egg whites until they are foamy (just before soft
    peaks form) and fold in the almond mixture, gently but thoroughly.

    Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and "butter" or spray the
    parchment. Spoon batter onto the parchment by half-teaspoons, placing
    the mounds 2 inches apart.

    Bake in the middle of a pre-heated 300 degree oven for 20 minutes or
    until they are golden around the edges. Let them cool on the parchment.
    Peel the macaroons from the parchment and store them in an airtight
    container.



    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

  10. #10
    W. Baker Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    Janet Wilder <[email protected]> wrote:
    : On 4/5/2012 6:16 PM, W. Baker wrote:
    : > Janet,
    : >
    : > I am in the midst of making your almond macaroons wth the Pesach sucraloe
    : > sweetener. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the recipe adn
    : > immediately jotted down my memeory and wel will see how it turns out. I
    : > made one change as I had no vanilla KLP so I added powdered ginger.
    : >
    : > Coul dyou eithe r post here or email me the recipe so I can have it in my
    : > files as I will, surely not have remembered all the details now, will not
    : > by next year(or even next week:-)
    : >
    : > Have a wonderful Pesach to you and to all to whom it applies on this list.
    : >
    : > Wendy-so happy not to be cooking for the Seder anymore
    : >
    : >
    : So sorry to be late, Wendy. We were out of town and just got back late
    : yesterday in time to clean up and go to the communal seder. Here's the
    : recipe for regular year.

    : chag samaich!


    : * Exported from MasterCook *

    : Almond Macaroons

    : Recipe By :
    : Serving Size : 48 Preparation Time :0:00
    : Categories : cookies

    : Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    : -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    : 1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
    : 1 cup Splenda
    : 1/4 tsp salt
    : 2 large egg whites
    : 1/4 tsp vanilla
    : butter-flavor cooking spray

    : In a food processor grind fine the almonds with the Splenda and salt.
    : In a bowl, beat the egg whites until they are foamy (just before soft
    : peaks form) and fold in the almond mixture, gently but thoroughly.

    : Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and "butter" or spray the
    : parchment. Spoon batter onto the parchment by half-teaspoons, placing
    : the mounds 2 inches apart.

    : Bake in the middle of a pre-heated 300 degree oven for 20 minutes or
    : until they are golden around the edges. Let them cool on the parchment.
    : Peel the macaroons from the parchment and store them in an airtight
    : container.



    : --
    : Janet Wilder
    : Way-the-heck-south Texas
    : Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

    Thanks. I did get therecipe from Susan who found it on line for me. I
    made the, as Imentioned, by memory! I used pre-ground almonds that I had
    bought for the holiday, findign that 1 1/2C of blanched almonds weighed 9
    ounces(trust Joy of Cooking wedding present 48 ears ago:-) I had no
    vanilla KLP so added powdered ginger fo rflavor. I foudn the dough kid of
    hard, so I measured adn kind of hand rolled them out of the measuring
    spoon. They didn't spread so I had kid of rsmall round balls, with nice
    flavor, but crumbly and slightly gritty. I wonder if the already ground
    alonds might benefit from further grinding in the FP. As I mentioned in
    my earlier post I migh try larger egg whites next time. What are your
    thoughts?

    They taste wonderful and I am enjoing thembut definitely not for
    company:-)

    Wendy

  11. #11
    Cheri Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    "KROM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:jlsmg3$sic$[email protected]..
    >I made these yesterday..very good!
    >
    > I bet these would be as good with unsweetened shredded coconut.
    >
    > KROM


    These are really good from Myra

    Myra's Coconut-Almond Macaroons

    4 egg whites
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup Splenda (or equivalent AS)
    1/2 cup finely ground, blanched almonds
    2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut

    Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

    In a mixing bowl, whip the egg whites, salt and vanilla until frothy, then,
    as you keep whipping, slowly pour in the Splenda. Whip until stiff peaks
    form - but not dried out. Fold in the almonds and coconut.

    Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop the macaroon batter by
    rounded tablespoons about 1/2-1 inch apart on the parchment (macaroons don't
    rise or spread, so you can put them close together).

    Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.

    Turn off the oven heat, open the door slightly, and let the macaroons sit in
    the oven until cool - this keeps the moisture content down.

    Store in an airtight container.

    Makes about 2 dozen macaroons, about 1.67 carbs each. If you make this
    recipe with Splenda tablets instead of bulk, the carb count drops down to
    about .8 carb each.

    *If the coconut a bit dry starting out, put in a bowl and sprinkle about 1
    TBS water over it and let set in fridge for 1/2 hour or so before using.


  12. #12
    Susan Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    x-no-archive: yes

    On 4/8/2012 7:03 PM, Cheri wrote:

    > These are really good from Myra


    MYRA!!! She was amazing, and there are gadzillion of her creations in
    the archives of alt.support.diet.low-carb. Thanks for the reminder, Cheri!

    >
    > Myra's Coconut-Almond Macaroons
    >
    > 4 egg whites
    > 1/4 teaspoon salt
    > 1 teaspoon vanilla
    > 1 cup Splenda (or equivalent AS)
    > 1/2 cup finely ground, blanched almonds
    > 2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
    >
    > Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
    >
    > In a mixing bowl, whip the egg whites, salt and vanilla until frothy,
    > then, as you keep whipping, slowly pour in the Splenda. Whip until stiff
    > peaks form - but not dried out. Fold in the almonds and coconut.
    >
    > Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop the macaroon batter by
    > rounded tablespoons about 1/2-1 inch apart on the parchment (macaroons
    > don't rise or spread, so you can put them close together).
    >
    > Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
    >
    > Turn off the oven heat, open the door slightly, and let the macaroons
    > sit in the oven until cool - this keeps the moisture content down.
    >
    > Store in an airtight container.
    >
    > Makes about 2 dozen macaroons, about 1.67 carbs each. If you make this
    > recipe with Splenda tablets instead of bulk, the carb count drops down
    > to about .8 carb each.
    >
    > *If the coconut a bit dry starting out, put in a bowl and sprinkle about
    > 1 TBS water over it and let set in fridge for 1/2 hour or so before using.
    >



  13. #13
    Janet Wilder Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    On 4/8/2012 1:47 PM, KROM wrote:
    > I made these yesterday..very good!
    >
    > I bet these would be as good with unsweetened shredded coconut.
    >
    > KROM


    Here's a coconut one":


    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Coconut Macaroons

    Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 15 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : cookies
    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1/2 cup egg whites -- 3 or 4
    Sweetener equivalent to 1 1/4 cups sugar (30
    packets)
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    2 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
    4 tablespoons coconut milk -- leche do coco
    2 tablespoons water

    mix water, coconut and coconut milk with coconut, incorporating it with
    the back of a soup spoon.

    Beat egg whites until fluffy but not stiff. Stir in sweetener, salt,
    vanilla. Blend in coconut.

    Bake at 325 about 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.

    Description:
    "Sugar-free macaroons"

    Yield:
    "30 cookies"




    NOTES :
    I used a measuring tablespoon to form the cookies. Recipe makes about
    30 cookies.
    Notes: The unsweetened coconut is dry. I used coconut milk, available
    in the Latino foods aisle (Goya brand) and water to moisten the coconut.





    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

  14. #14
    Cheri Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    "Susan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > On 4/8/2012 7:03 PM, Cheri wrote:
    >
    >> These are really good from Myra

    >
    > MYRA!!! She was amazing, and there are gadzillion of her creations in the
    > archives of alt.support.diet.low-carb. Thanks for the reminder, Cheri!


    She truly was amazing. Some of the best recipes I have are from that girl!!!

    Cheri


  15. #15
    Susan Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    x-no-archive: yes

    On 4/9/2012 12:57 AM, Cheri wrote:

    > She truly was amazing. Some of the best recipes I have are from that
    > girl!!!


    Anyone looking for superbly developed low carb treats/desserts should
    google up Myra (her NY style cheesecake is legend) on asdlc archives.

    Susan


  16. #16
    KROM Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    yum!..ty!

    KROM


    "Cheri" wrote in message news:[email protected]..

    "KROM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:jlsmg3$sic$[email protected]..
    >I made these yesterday..very good!
    >
    > I bet these would be as good with unsweetened shredded coconut.
    >
    > KROM


    These are really good from Myra

    Myra's Coconut-Almond Macaroons

    4 egg whites
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup Splenda (or equivalent AS)
    1/2 cup finely ground, blanched almonds
    2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut

    Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

    In a mixing bowl, whip the egg whites, salt and vanilla until frothy, then,
    as you keep whipping, slowly pour in the Splenda. Whip until stiff peaks
    form - but not dried out. Fold in the almonds and coconut.

    Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop the macaroon batter by
    rounded tablespoons about 1/2-1 inch apart on the parchment (macaroons don't
    rise or spread, so you can put them close together).

    Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.

    Turn off the oven heat, open the door slightly, and let the macaroons sit in
    the oven until cool - this keeps the moisture content down.

    Store in an airtight container.

    Makes about 2 dozen macaroons, about 1.67 carbs each. If you make this
    recipe with Splenda tablets instead of bulk, the carb count drops down to
    about .8 carb each.

    *If the coconut a bit dry starting out, put in a bowl and sprinkle about 1
    TBS water over it and let set in fridge for 1/2 hour or so before using.


  17. #17
    KROM Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    I cant find unsweetened coconut anywhere in my area its very frustrating.

    last time I got some was online and it was pricey

    going to check sams club tomorrow.

    KROM


    "Janet Wilder" wrote in message
    news:4f826607$0$2239$c3e8da3$[email protected] b.com...

    On 4/8/2012 1:47 PM, KROM wrote:
    > I made these yesterday..very good!
    >
    > I bet these would be as good with unsweetened shredded coconut.
    >
    > KROM


    Here's a coconut one":


    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Coconut Macaroons

    Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 15 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : cookies
    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1/2 cup egg whites -- 3 or 4
    Sweetener equivalent to 1 1/4 cups sugar (30
    packets)
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    2 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
    4 tablespoons coconut milk -- leche do coco
    2 tablespoons water

    mix water, coconut and coconut milk with coconut, incorporating it with
    the back of a soup spoon.

    Beat egg whites until fluffy but not stiff. Stir in sweetener, salt,
    vanilla. Blend in coconut.

    Bake at 325 about 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.

    Description:
    "Sugar-free macaroons"

    Yield:
    "30 cookies"




    NOTES :
    I used a measuring tablespoon to form the cookies. Recipe makes about
    30 cookies.
    Notes: The unsweetened coconut is dry. I used coconut milk, available
    in the Latino foods aisle (Goya brand) and water to moisten the coconut.





    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.


  18. #18
    Alice Faber Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    In article <jlv3q7$p4j$[email protected]>, "KROM" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > I cant find unsweetened coconut anywhere in my area its very frustrating.
    >
    > last time I got some was online and it was pricey
    >
    > going to check sams club tomorrow.
    >



    I think I found some once at a health-food store.

    --
    "Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
    what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

  19. #19
    Cheri Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    "KROM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:jlv3q7$p4j$[email protected]..
    >I cant find unsweetened coconut anywhere in my area its very frustrating.
    >
    > last time I got some was online and it was pricey
    >
    > going to check sams club tomorrow.
    >


    I don't know if Raley's Supermarket or Bel Air is native to CA, and not in
    your area, but they always have it for around 2.50 a bag.

    Cheri


  20. #20
    Janet Wilder Guest

    Default Re: Ping Janet Wilder

    On 4/9/2012 11:47 AM, KROM wrote:
    > I cant find unsweetened coconut anywhere in my area its very frustrating.
    >
    > last time I got some was online and it was pricey
    >
    > going to check sams club tomorrow.


    I don't believe Sam's carries it. One of the local supermarkets has a
    bulk foods aisle and I can find it there. Health food stores where they
    sell bulk foods is also a good place to get it.


    --
    Janet Wilder
    Way-the-heck-south Texas
    Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32