Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

  1. #1
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    My birthday is coming up and once again there is the fight with my mom over
    what kind of cake or whatever I want. Every year since I was able to talk,
    I said I didn't want anything. And I truly did not! I have hardly ever
    eaten dessert. Don't like it. Don't want it. Don't need it! I have never
    ever liked cake *or* ice cream. Never!

    When I was a kid I would try to placate her by choosing something that
    looked pretty and hoping it would taste as good. It never did. I never
    liked it and she was always angry.

    As an adult I think she finally got the fact that I didn't like cake or ice
    cream but never got the fact that I truly didn't want anything. So some
    years it was pie. Another year it was cookies and strawberries. I always
    seemed to have to pick something for us to eat.

    Then as a diabetic I tried to impress on her that my diabetes doesn't go
    away. Just because it's my birthday doesn't mean I can eat that which I
    shouldn't. Yes, I know some people here would disagree but that's how I
    feel about it and I want her to know this. But apparently she does not.

    A few years ago when she put out cake for the rest of the people, she gave
    me bean dip and chips because she knows I like them. I started to cry. I
    was soooo angry! How many times can you tell a person that you don't want
    anything to eat!

    So now this year the big question rolls around again. We are combining my
    birthday with Father's day (which is really today) this year. My SIL's
    parents are in bad shape for various reasons and she just can't take the
    time out to do two celebrations. So I told my mom just to get whatever the
    other people want. Truly I would like it if none of us ate a dessert. That
    is what would *really* make me happy! But they don't get it, won't ever get
    it and frankly I think they are unwilling to do that. Yes, my dad is also a
    diabetic but on this day he will have a piece or a scoop or whatever of
    everything being served, including whatever gluten free thing I make for
    Angela. Which this time around will be yellow cake with white icing. She
    chose the mix.

    So once again when I told my mom I didn't want anything, her reply was.
    "Well, you want SOMETHING! Nuts?"

    And I was like... Gaaaaaaaaaaah! No! I replied really loudly, "I don't
    eat between meals. I don't EVER eat between meals. And I'm not going to
    start now! I don't want ANYTHING. NOTHING AT ALL!" And certainly not
    nuts. She will buy roasted cashews thinking that I love them. And I do
    like most nuts but I hate, hate, hate roasted cashews! I can eat raw
    cashews but not roasted ones. And I know better than to tell her something,
    anything because then I will be expected to eat it. Last year I finally
    told my dad if I did eat anything it would be strawberries. This after the
    two of them badgering me over and over to try to come up with something I
    wanted to eat. Well I didn't want the strawberries and I didn't eat them
    and they got mad.

    Now yes at home I do sometimes (but not often) eat between meals. Might be
    a piece of cheese or a few nuts and once in a while even a potato chip or a
    few pretzels. But I don't do it just because I can! I do it because I am
    too hungry to wait until dinner or because I know I am going to have a much
    delayed dinner and don't want my BG to drop or as is usual in my case, rise
    from the lack of food. I would never do it because it was a birthday and I
    felt the need to sit around a table and sing and eat something.

    I will be 52 soon. So I've probably been going through this for 52 years.
    Yes, I started to talk early on. Why is it some people just don't believe
    you when you tell them something? It is frustrating. I went through
    something similar with my husband's aunt and I finally just ate a grape
    tomato to shut her up. I feel like if I'm not hungry I shouldn't be
    pressured to eat. I mean...jeez. It's not like I'm underweight or anything
    like that.



  2. #2
    Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    In article <itlpqe$vpi$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > My birthday is coming up and once again there is the fight with my mom over
    > what kind of cake or whatever I want. Every year since I was able to talk,
    > I said I didn't want anything. And I truly did not! I have hardly ever
    > eaten dessert. Don't like it. Don't want it. Don't need it! I have never
    > ever liked cake *or* ice cream. Never!


    Tell her you want Kobe Beef?

  3. #3
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!


    "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > In article <itlpqe$vpi$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove"
    > <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> My birthday is coming up and once again there is the fight with my mom
    >> over
    >> what kind of cake or whatever I want. Every year since I was able to
    >> talk,
    >> I said I didn't want anything. And I truly did not! I have hardly ever
    >> eaten dessert. Don't like it. Don't want it. Don't need it! I have
    >> never
    >> ever liked cake *or* ice cream. Never!

    >
    > Tell her you want Kobe Beef?


    Why would I tell her that? I can't even digest beef! Unless it's ground
    beef and I don't like meat.



  4. #4
    Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    In article <itme7r$hsn$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    > > In article <itlpqe$vpi$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove"
    > > <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> My birthday is coming up and once again there is the fight with my mom
    > >> over
    > >> what kind of cake or whatever I want. Every year since I was able to
    > >> talk,
    > >> I said I didn't want anything. And I truly did not! I have hardly ever
    > >> eaten dessert. Don't like it. Don't want it. Don't need it! I have
    > >> never
    > >> ever liked cake *or* ice cream. Never!

    > >
    > > Tell her you want Kobe Beef?

    >
    > Why would I tell her that? I can't even digest beef! Unless it's ground
    > beef and I don't like meat.


    Copper River Salmon?

  5. #5
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!


    "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > In article <itme7r$hsn$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove"
    > <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]..
    >> > In article <itlpqe$vpi$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove"
    >> > <[email protected]>
    >> > wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> My birthday is coming up and once again there is the fight with my mom
    >> >> over
    >> >> what kind of cake or whatever I want. Every year since I was able to
    >> >> talk,
    >> >> I said I didn't want anything. And I truly did not! I have hardly
    >> >> ever
    >> >> eaten dessert. Don't like it. Don't want it. Don't need it! I have
    >> >> never
    >> >> ever liked cake *or* ice cream. Never!
    >> >
    >> > Tell her you want Kobe Beef?

    >>
    >> Why would I tell her that? I can't even digest beef! Unless it's ground
    >> beef and I don't like meat.

    >
    > Copper River Salmon?


    I don't eat fish! I don't want food!



  6. #6
    W. Baker Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    Julie Bove <[email protected]> wrote:
    : My birthday is coming up and once again there is the fight with my mom over
    : what kind of cake or whatever I want. Every year since I was able to talk,
    : I said I didn't want anything. And I truly did not! I have hardly ever
    : eaten dessert. Don't like it. Don't want it. Don't need it! I have never
    : ever liked cake *or* ice cream. Never!

    : When I was a kid I would try to placate her by choosing something that
    : looked pretty and hoping it would taste as good. It never did. I never
    : liked it and she was always angry.

    : As an adult I think she finally got the fact that I didn't like cake or ice
    : cream but never got the fact that I truly didn't want anything. So some
    : years it was pie. Another year it was cookies and strawberries. I always
    : seemed to have to pick something for us to eat.

    : Then as a diabetic I tried to impress on her that my diabetes doesn't go
    : away. Just because it's my birthday doesn't mean I can eat that which I
    : shouldn't. Yes, I know some people here would disagree but that's how I
    : feel about it and I want her to know this. But apparently she does not.

    : A few years ago when she put out cake for the rest of the people, she gave
    : me bean dip and chips because she knows I like them. I started to cry. I
    : was soooo angry! How many times can you tell a person that you don't want
    : anything to eat!

    : So now this year the big question rolls around again. We are combining my
    : birthday with Father's day (which is really today) this year. My SIL's
    : parents are in bad shape for various reasons and she just can't take the
    : time out to do two celebrations. So I told my mom just to get whatever the
    : other people want. Truly I would like it if none of us ate a dessert. That
    : is what would *really* make me happy! But they don't get it, won't ever get
    : it and frankly I think they are unwilling to do that. Yes, my dad is also a
    : diabetic but on this day he will have a piece or a scoop or whatever of
    : everything being served, including whatever gluten free thing I make for
    : Angela. Which this time around will be yellow cake with white icing. She
    : chose the mix.

    : So once again when I told my mom I didn't want anything, her reply was.
    : "Well, you want SOMETHING! Nuts?"

    : And I was like... Gaaaaaaaaaaah! No! I replied really loudly, "I don't
    : eat between meals. I don't EVER eat between meals. And I'm not going to
    : start now! I don't want ANYTHING. NOTHING AT ALL!" And certainly not
    : nuts. She will buy roasted cashews thinking that I love them. And I do
    : like most nuts but I hate, hate, hate roasted cashews! I can eat raw
    : cashews but not roasted ones. And I know better than to tell her something,
    : anything because then I will be expected to eat it. Last year I finally
    : told my dad if I did eat anything it would be strawberries. This after the
    : two of them badgering me over and over to try to come up with something I
    : wanted to eat. Well I didn't want the strawberries and I didn't eat them
    : and they got mad.

    : Now yes at home I do sometimes (but not often) eat between meals. Might be
    : a piece of cheese or a few nuts and once in a while even a potato chip or a
    : few pretzels. But I don't do it just because I can! I do it because I am
    : too hungry to wait until dinner or because I know I am going to have a much
    : delayed dinner and don't want my BG to drop or as is usual in my case, rise
    : from the lack of food. I would never do it because it was a birthday and I
    : felt the need to sit around a table and sing and eat something.

    : I will be 52 soon. So I've probably been going through this for 52 years.
    : Yes, I started to talk early on. Why is it some people just don't believe
    : you when you tell them something? It is frustrating. I went through
    : something similar with my husband's aunt and I finally just ate a grape
    : tomato to shut her up. I feel like if I'm not hungry I shouldn't be
    : pressured to eat. I mean...jeez. It's not like I'm underweight or anything
    : like that.
    How about a bottle of Scotch?:-)
    Share with everybody and no one will care!

    Wendy



  7. #7
    TaniO Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:33:19 -0400, W. Baker wrote
    (in article <itnsof$gq2$[email protected]>):

    > Julie Bove <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> My birthday is coming up and once again there is the fight with my mom over
    >> what kind of cake or whatever I want. Every year since I was able to talk,
    >> I said I didn't want anything. And I truly did not! I have hardly ever
    >> eaten dessert. Don't like it. Don't want it. Don't need it! I have
    >> never
    >> ever liked cake *or* ice cream. Never!

    >
    >> When I was a kid I would try to placate her by choosing something that
    >> looked pretty and hoping it would taste as good. It never did. I never
    >> liked it and she was always angry.

    >
    >> As an adult I think she finally got the fact that I didn't like cake or ice
    >> cream but never got the fact that I truly didn't want anything. So some
    >> years it was pie. Another year it was cookies and strawberries. I always
    >> seemed to have to pick something for us to eat.

    >
    >> Then as a diabetic I tried to impress on her that my diabetes doesn't go
    >> away. Just because it's my birthday doesn't mean I can eat that which I
    >> shouldn't. Yes, I know some people here would disagree but that's how I
    >> feel about it and I want her to know this. But apparently she does not.

    >
    >> A few years ago when she put out cake for the rest of the people, she gave
    >> me bean dip and chips because she knows I like them. I started to cry. I
    >> was soooo angry! How many times can you tell a person that you don't want
    >> anything to eat!

    >
    >> So now this year the big question rolls around again. We are combining my
    >> birthday with Father's day (which is really today) this year. My SIL's
    >> parents are in bad shape for various reasons and she just can't take the
    >> time out to do two celebrations. So I told my mom just to get whatever the
    >> other people want. Truly I would like it if none of us ate a dessert.
    >> That
    >> is what would *really* make me happy! But they don't get it, won't ever
    >> get
    >> it and frankly I think they are unwilling to do that. Yes, my dad is also
    >> a
    >> diabetic but on this day he will have a piece or a scoop or whatever of
    >> everything being served, including whatever gluten free thing I make for
    >> Angela. Which this time around will be yellow cake with white icing. She
    >> chose the mix.

    >
    >> So once again when I told my mom I didn't want anything, her reply was.
    >> "Well, you want SOMETHING! Nuts?"

    >
    >> And I was like... Gaaaaaaaaaaah! No! I replied really loudly, "I don't
    >> eat between meals. I don't EVER eat between meals. And I'm not going to
    >> start now! I don't want ANYTHING. NOTHING AT ALL!" And certainly not
    >> nuts. She will buy roasted cashews thinking that I love them. And I do
    >> like most nuts but I hate, hate, hate roasted cashews! I can eat raw
    >> cashews but not roasted ones. And I know better than to tell her
    >> something,
    >> anything because then I will be expected to eat it. Last year I finally
    >> told my dad if I did eat anything it would be strawberries. This after the
    >> two of them badgering me over and over to try to come up with something I
    >> wanted to eat. Well I didn't want the strawberries and I didn't eat them
    >> and they got mad.

    >
    >> Now yes at home I do sometimes (but not often) eat between meals. Might be
    >> a piece of cheese or a few nuts and once in a while even a potato chip or a
    >> few pretzels. But I don't do it just because I can! I do it because I am
    >> too hungry to wait until dinner or because I know I am going to have a much
    >> delayed dinner and don't want my BG to drop or as is usual in my case, rise
    >> from the lack of food. I would never do it because it was a birthday and I
    >> felt the need to sit around a table and sing and eat something.

    >
    >> I will be 52 soon. So I've probably been going through this for 52 years.
    >> Yes, I started to talk early on. Why is it some people just don't believe
    >> you when you tell them something? It is frustrating. I went through
    >> something similar with my husband's aunt and I finally just ate a grape
    >> tomato to shut her up. I feel like if I'm not hungry I shouldn't be
    >> pressured to eat. I mean...jeez. It's not like I'm underweight or
    >> anything
    >> like that.

    > How about a bottle of Scotch?:-)
    > Share with everybody and no one will care!
    >
    > Wendy
    >
    >


    Perfect!

    TaniO


  8. #8
    Susan Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    x-no-archive: yes

    On 6/20/2011 12:33 PM, W. Baker wrote:

    > How about a bottle of Scotch?:-)
    > Share with everybody and no one will care!


    I am just counting my blessings.

    Susan

  9. #9
    Cheri Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    "Susan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > On 6/20/2011 12:33 PM, W. Baker wrote:
    >
    >> How about a bottle of Scotch?:-)
    >> Share with everybody and no one will care!

    >
    > I am just counting my blessings.
    >
    > Susan


    Truly! :-)

    Cheri



  10. #10
    Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    In article <itmlee$ird$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    > > In article <itme7r$hsn$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]..
    > >> > In article <itlpqe$vpi$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove"
    > >> > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> >
    > >> >> My birthday is coming up and once again there is the fight with my mom
    > >> >> over what kind of cake or whatever I want. Every year since I was able
    > >> >> to talk, I said I didn't want anything. And I truly did not! I have
    > >> >> hardly ever eaten dessert. Don't like it. Don't want it. Don't need
    > >> >> it! I have never ever liked cake *or* ice cream. Never!
    > >> >
    > >> > Tell her you want Kobe Beef?
    > >>
    > >> Why would I tell her that? I can't even digest beef! Unless it's ground
    > >> beef and I don't like meat.

    > >
    > > Copper River Salmon?

    >
    > I don't eat fish! I don't want food!


    You must get awfully hungry and lose lots of weight that way.

    If she must satisfy her maternal urges to you, why not suggest that she donate a
    cake to some local childrens home/hospital in your name?

  11. #11
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!


    "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > In article <itmlee$ird$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove"
    > <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]..
    >> > In article <itme7r$hsn$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove"
    >> > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> >> message
    >> >> news:[email protected]..
    >> >> > In article <itlpqe$vpi$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove"
    >> >> > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> >> >
    >> >> >> My birthday is coming up and once again there is the fight with my
    >> >> >> mom
    >> >> >> over what kind of cake or whatever I want. Every year since I was
    >> >> >> able
    >> >> >> to talk, I said I didn't want anything. And I truly did not! I
    >> >> >> have
    >> >> >> hardly ever eaten dessert. Don't like it. Don't want it. Don't
    >> >> >> need
    >> >> >> it! I have never ever liked cake *or* ice cream. Never!
    >> >> >
    >> >> > Tell her you want Kobe Beef?
    >> >>
    >> >> Why would I tell her that? I can't even digest beef! Unless it's
    >> >> ground
    >> >> beef and I don't like meat.
    >> >
    >> > Copper River Salmon?

    >>
    >> I don't eat fish! I don't want food!

    >
    > You must get awfully hungry and lose lots of weight that way.
    >
    > If she must satisfy her maternal urges to you, why not suggest that she
    > donate a
    > cake to some local childrens home/hospital in your name?


    No I don't get hungry. I eat two meals a day. Occasionally three. I have
    gastroparesis so slowed digestion. I don't usually get hungry.

    And why should I donate a cake? That doesn't even make sense!



  12. #12
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!


    "W. Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:itnsof$gq2$[email protected]..
    > Julie Bove <[email protected]> wrote:
    > : My birthday is coming up and once again there is the fight with my mom
    > over
    > : what kind of cake or whatever I want. Every year since I was able to
    > talk,
    > : I said I didn't want anything. And I truly did not! I have hardly ever
    > : eaten dessert. Don't like it. Don't want it. Don't need it! I have
    > never
    > : ever liked cake *or* ice cream. Never!
    >
    > : When I was a kid I would try to placate her by choosing something that
    > : looked pretty and hoping it would taste as good. It never did. I never
    > : liked it and she was always angry.
    >
    > : As an adult I think she finally got the fact that I didn't like cake or
    > ice
    > : cream but never got the fact that I truly didn't want anything. So some
    > : years it was pie. Another year it was cookies and strawberries. I
    > always
    > : seemed to have to pick something for us to eat.
    >
    > : Then as a diabetic I tried to impress on her that my diabetes doesn't go
    > : away. Just because it's my birthday doesn't mean I can eat that which I
    > : shouldn't. Yes, I know some people here would disagree but that's how I
    > : feel about it and I want her to know this. But apparently she does not.
    >
    > : A few years ago when she put out cake for the rest of the people, she
    > gave
    > : me bean dip and chips because she knows I like them. I started to cry.
    > I
    > : was soooo angry! How many times can you tell a person that you don't
    > want
    > : anything to eat!
    >
    > : So now this year the big question rolls around again. We are combining
    > my
    > : birthday with Father's day (which is really today) this year. My SIL's
    > : parents are in bad shape for various reasons and she just can't take the
    > : time out to do two celebrations. So I told my mom just to get whatever
    > the
    > : other people want. Truly I would like it if none of us ate a dessert.
    > That
    > : is what would *really* make me happy! But they don't get it, won't ever
    > get
    > : it and frankly I think they are unwilling to do that. Yes, my dad is
    > also a
    > : diabetic but on this day he will have a piece or a scoop or whatever of
    > : everything being served, including whatever gluten free thing I make for
    > : Angela. Which this time around will be yellow cake with white icing.
    > She
    > : chose the mix.
    >
    > : So once again when I told my mom I didn't want anything, her reply was.
    > : "Well, you want SOMETHING! Nuts?"
    >
    > : And I was like... Gaaaaaaaaaaah! No! I replied really loudly, "I
    > don't
    > : eat between meals. I don't EVER eat between meals. And I'm not going
    > to
    > : start now! I don't want ANYTHING. NOTHING AT ALL!" And certainly not
    > : nuts. She will buy roasted cashews thinking that I love them. And I do
    > : like most nuts but I hate, hate, hate roasted cashews! I can eat raw
    > : cashews but not roasted ones. And I know better than to tell her
    > something,
    > : anything because then I will be expected to eat it. Last year I finally
    > : told my dad if I did eat anything it would be strawberries. This after
    > the
    > : two of them badgering me over and over to try to come up with something
    > I
    > : wanted to eat. Well I didn't want the strawberries and I didn't eat
    > them
    > : and they got mad.
    >
    > : Now yes at home I do sometimes (but not often) eat between meals. Might
    > be
    > : a piece of cheese or a few nuts and once in a while even a potato chip
    > or a
    > : few pretzels. But I don't do it just because I can! I do it because I
    > am
    > : too hungry to wait until dinner or because I know I am going to have a
    > much
    > : delayed dinner and don't want my BG to drop or as is usual in my case,
    > rise
    > : from the lack of food. I would never do it because it was a birthday
    > and I
    > : felt the need to sit around a table and sing and eat something.
    >
    > : I will be 52 soon. So I've probably been going through this for 52
    > years.
    > : Yes, I started to talk early on. Why is it some people just don't
    > believe
    > : you when you tell them something? It is frustrating. I went through
    > : something similar with my husband's aunt and I finally just ate a grape
    > : tomato to shut her up. I feel like if I'm not hungry I shouldn't be
    > : pressured to eat. I mean...jeez. It's not like I'm underweight or
    > anything
    > : like that.
    > How about a bottle of Scotch?:-)
    > Share with everybody and no one will care!


    I can't drink alcohol! And nobody in my family drinks Scotch. Nobody
    really drinks much of any liquor at all!



  13. #13
    Ozgirl Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!



    "Susan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > On 6/20/2011 12:33 PM, W. Baker wrote:
    >
    >> How about a bottle of Scotch?:-)
    >> Share with everybody and no one will care!

    >
    > I am just counting my blessings.
    >
    > Susan


    Meaning?


  14. #14
    Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    In article <itoc7m$qkh$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > >> >> > Tell her you want Kobe Beef?
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Why would I tell her that? I can't even digest beef! Unless it's
    > >> >> ground
    > >> >> beef and I don't like meat.
    > >> >
    > >> > Copper River Salmon?
    > >>
    > >> I don't eat fish! I don't want food!

    > >
    > > You must get awfully hungry and lose lots of weight that way.
    > >
    > > If she must satisfy her maternal urges to you, why not suggest that she
    > > donate a
    > > cake to some local childrens home/hospital in your name?

    >
    > No I don't get hungry. I eat two meals a day. Occasionally three. I have
    > gastroparesis so slowed digestion. I don't usually get hungry.
    >
    > And why should I donate a cake? That doesn't even make sense!


    because as a doting daughter you really deep down want to make your mother happy
    just as she wants to make you happy. IAE if you don't want food, why would her
    donating a cake in your name matter one way or the other?

  15. #15
    Cheri Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    "Ozgirl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    >
    >
    > "Susan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    >> x-no-archive: yes
    >>
    >> On 6/20/2011 12:33 PM, W. Baker wrote:
    >>
    >>> How about a bottle of Scotch?:-)
    >>> Share with everybody and no one will care!

    >>
    >> I am just counting my blessings.
    >>
    >> Susan

    >
    > Meaning?


    Meaning, we're glad we're not blessed with these type of people:


    How to deal with self-centered people:

    "Self centered people make up around 60% of the world, which makes it a
    stupid thing to avoid them. Instead, once one is identified, keep a distance
    from them. Talk to them, but nothing substantial because it will be a
    complete waste of time. This way, you won't have to stoop that low to polish
    their ass and yet not find trouble with these people. These people are
    clearly not worth anyone's time in trying to change, and probably all of
    their friends know about this and have stopped trying. Also, try to
    understand the situation they are in and be a little compassionate. But
    don't try to help because these people cannot be helped."





  16. #16
    Julie Bove Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!


    "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > In article <itoc7m$qkh$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove"
    > <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> >> >> > Tell her you want Kobe Beef?
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >> Why would I tell her that? I can't even digest beef! Unless it's
    >> >> >> ground
    >> >> >> beef and I don't like meat.
    >> >> >
    >> >> > Copper River Salmon?
    >> >>
    >> >> I don't eat fish! I don't want food!
    >> >
    >> > You must get awfully hungry and lose lots of weight that way.
    >> >
    >> > If she must satisfy her maternal urges to you, why not suggest that she
    >> > donate a
    >> > cake to some local childrens home/hospital in your name?

    >>
    >> No I don't get hungry. I eat two meals a day. Occasionally three. I
    >> have
    >> gastroparesis so slowed digestion. I don't usually get hungry.
    >>
    >> And why should I donate a cake? That doesn't even make sense!

    >
    > because as a doting daughter you really deep down want to make your mother
    > happy
    > just as she wants to make you happy. IAE if you don't want food, why would
    > her
    > donating a cake in your name matter one way or the other?


    Because it's JUNK food! People don't need to be eating that crap. I donate
    food to the needy all the time. But wholesome food.

    And donating something wouldn't make my mother happy. No, it would not!



  17. #17
    Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    In article <itorl7$uk9$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]..
    > > In article <itoc7m$qkh$[email protected]>, "Julie Bove"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> >> >> > Tell her you want Kobe Beef?
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> Why would I tell her that? I can't even digest beef! Unless it's
    > >> >> >> ground beef and I don't like meat.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> > Copper River Salmon?
    > >> >>
    > >> >> I don't eat fish! I don't want food!
    > >> >
    > >> > You must get awfully hungry and lose lots of weight that way.
    > >> >
    > >> > If she must satisfy her maternal urges to you, why not suggest that she
    > >> > donate a cake to some local childrens home/hospital in your name?
    > >>
    > >> No I don't get hungry. I eat two meals a day. Occasionally three. I
    > >> have gastroparesis so slowed digestion. I don't usually get hungry.
    > >>
    > >> And why should I donate a cake? That doesn't even make sense!

    > >
    > > because as a doting daughter you really deep down want to make your mother
    > > happy just as she wants to make you happy. IAE if you don't want food, why
    > > would her donating a cake in your name matter one way or the other?

    >
    > Because it's JUNK food! People don't need to be eating that crap. I donate
    > food to the needy all the time. But wholesome food.


    Cake doesn't need to be junk food.


    >
    > And donating something wouldn't make my mother happy. No, it would not!



    But it makes you happy

  18. #18
    truth Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:30:54 -0500, Julie Bove <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > My birthday is coming up and once again there is the fight with my mom
    > over
    > what kind of cake or whatever I want. Every year since I was able to
    > talk,
    > I said I didn't want anything. And I truly did not! I have hardly ever
    > eaten dessert. Don't like it. Don't want it. Don't need it! I have
    > never
    > ever liked cake *or* ice cream. Never!
    >
    > When I was a kid I would try to placate her by choosing something that
    > looked pretty and hoping it would taste as good. It never did. I never
    > liked it and she was always angry.
    >
    > As an adult I think she finally got the fact that I didn't like cake or
    > ice
    > cream but never got the fact that I truly didn't want anything. So some
    > years it was pie. Another year it was cookies and strawberries. I
    > always
    > seemed to have to pick something for us to eat.
    >
    > Then as a diabetic I tried to impress on her that my diabetes doesn't go
    > away. Just because it's my birthday doesn't mean I can eat that which I
    > shouldn't. Yes, I know some people here would disagree but that's how I
    > feel about it and I want her to know this. But apparently she does not.
    >
    > A few years ago when she put out cake for the rest of the people, she
    > gave
    > me bean dip and chips because she knows I like them. I started to cry.
    > I
    > was soooo angry! How many times can you tell a person that you don't
    > want
    > anything to eat!
    >
    > So now this year the big question rolls around again. We are combining
    > my
    > birthday with Father's day (which is really today) this year. My SIL's
    > parents are in bad shape for various reasons and she just can't take the
    > time out to do two celebrations. So I told my mom just to get whatever
    > the
    > other people want. Truly I would like it if none of us ate a dessert.
    > That
    > is what would *really* make me happy! But they don't get it, won't ever
    > get
    > it and frankly I think they are unwilling to do that. Yes, my dad is
    > also a
    > diabetic but on this day he will have a piece or a scoop or whatever of
    > everything being served, including whatever gluten free thing I make for
    > Angela. Which this time around will be yellow cake with white icing.
    > She
    > chose the mix.
    >
    > So once again when I told my mom I didn't want anything, her reply was.
    > "Well, you want SOMETHING! Nuts?"
    >
    > And I was like... Gaaaaaaaaaaah! No! I replied really loudly, "I don't
    > eat between meals. I don't EVER eat between meals. And I'm not going to
    > start now! I don't want ANYTHING. NOTHING AT ALL!" And certainly not
    > nuts. She will buy roasted cashews thinking that I love them. And I do
    > like most nuts but I hate, hate, hate roasted cashews! I can eat raw
    > cashews but not roasted ones. And I know better than to tell her
    > something,
    > anything because then I will be expected to eat it. Last year I finally
    > told my dad if I did eat anything it would be strawberries. This after
    > the
    > two of them badgering me over and over to try to come up with something I
    > wanted to eat. Well I didn't want the strawberries and I didn't eat them
    > and they got mad.
    >
    > Now yes at home I do sometimes (but not often) eat between meals. Might
    > be
    > a piece of cheese or a few nuts and once in a while even a potato chip
    > or a
    > few pretzels. But I don't do it just because I can! I do it because I
    > am
    > too hungry to wait until dinner or because I know I am going to have a
    > much
    > delayed dinner and don't want my BG to drop or as is usual in my case,
    > rise
    > from the lack of food. I would never do it because it was a birthday
    > and I
    > felt the need to sit around a table and sing and eat something.
    >
    > I will be 52 soon. So I've probably been going through this for 52
    > years.
    > Yes, I started to talk early on. Why is it some people just don't
    > believe
    > you when you tell them something? It is frustrating. I went through
    > something similar with my husband's aunt and I finally just ate a grape
    > tomato to shut her up. I feel like if I'm not hungry I shouldn't be
    > pressured to eat. I mean...jeez. It's not like I'm underweight or
    > anything
    > like that.
    >
    >

    This will make you mad- oh well,

    The problem isn't about pleasing your Mother or not,
    it is about two psycopathic women both desiring 100% control over the
    other. Your only relief will be to run your mother off and live your
    life the way you want or break down and eat whatever the hell she fixes
    on your birthday and pretend that it is the most wonderful thing you have
    ever eaten and throw the remains away as soon as she leaves.
    (face it diabetic or not one piece of cake isn't the end of the world,
    who gives a damn whether you like it or not)

    The second option preserves some sort of relationship with your mother
    should you desire that.

    I have lurked here for a long time and it seems like your whole family
    is nuts- you included, should you alienate your mother it is one less
    nut you will have to deal with.

    As your self appointed shrink, I reccomend that you pull your head
    out of your ass and join the real world, it will be most refreshing
    for you, and a relief for the rest of us.

    truth

    --
    Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

  19. #19
    Howard S Shubs Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    In article <[email protected]>,
    truth <[email protected]> wrote:

    > This will make you mad- oh well,


    Apparently, she doesn't eat anything. She gets calories from the air,
    and presumably from fresh, clean water. :-D

    --
    May all your good dreams and fine wishes come true! - The Wizard
    May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina

  20. #20
    RodS Guest

    Default Re: But you want SOMETHING! Gah!

    On 21/06/2011 6:58 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

    >
    > I can't drink alcohol! And nobody in my family drinks Scotch. Nobody
    > really drinks much of any liquor at all!
    >
    >


    You really take the cake, some of us no longer have a caring mother
    wanting to make something special on what to them is a special day, wake
    up, you say you're 50 and still acting like some petulant child, it's
    not *ALWAYS* about you, sometimes it's about others, wonder what your
    child thinks about this and in the future when your mother is no longer
    around, will you be complaining to others that you child never wants to
    do anything for you. No answer required, I could write your answer
    myself :-)

    --
    (- -)
    =m=(_)=m=
    RodS T2
    Australia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32